Thing four

I, DIRECTCHEESEBALL_4 BRING YOU THE DO'S AND DONT'S OF STARTING A NEW SCHOOL
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Do: be positive! It's a new start and a new day! The past can't touch you here!

Don't: compare your new school to your last school

Do: introduce yourself to all of the teachers and faculty

Don't: stand in the doorway of your first period like an idiot because the teacher is so short she looks like a teacher. (Long story.)

Do: people watch. Notice who's kind, and who talks behind other's backs, then you'll know who to befriend, and stay away from.

Don't: lose your voice. You're aloud to be here and you're aloud to speak! Try to meet people!

Do: be yourself. Now this doesn't mean you're not aloud to change- it's a new school! No one knows you! You could go from the quiet kid in your old school, to the popular, confident kid in your new school :) just remember where you come from and build up from there. Your hometown should be your core that keeps you connected to who you are and who you want to be. Basically, remember your manners and don't be a douchebag.

Don't: shy away form opportunities. You wanna be on the (f/s) team, go for it!

Do: live for the now. And when something bad happens, know it won't last forever. I like to stick to telling myself "a year from now it'll be like it never even happened."

Don't: FORGET YOUR BUS NUMBER! (Just did that actually. Heh.) try writing it in your hand, or editing your lock screen and put the numbers. Or even write it on your class schedule. There's lots of ways to remember- don't be like me 😅

I AM INTERRUPTING YOUR READING TO INFORM YOU THAT AS IM WRITING THIS- I SAW A DEER. (I live in the boonies)

Do: try wearing something that reminds you of home for when you get frustrated or overwhelmed. I have a watch that my brother gave me, a ring that my mom and I match with, and a jacket that my brother, also gave me. Also his cologne, but I always wear that.

Don't: act like you rule the school (at least not yet), it's annoying as crap and makes you look like a fool when you're wrong. (I didn't do that one, it's just something I've seen people do over the years and it's hella annoying.)

Do: try to keep up with homework, especially those first few weeks. Teachers will see that you're actually trying, which will tell them loads about you, and how they should and will treat you. Basically, the kinder you are, the kinder they'll be, hence the easier your school experience is.

Okay, so that's pretty much it for now. I'll update as I figure out more. My new school is kinda making me go crazy and figured this might help some people. Maybe not, but- it makes me feel better with imagining the perfect person finding this in the perfect time of their lives.

Tomorrow's my 3rd day of school, so I'll probably be updating about that if anyone wants to hear. I miss my old school so much tbh... but I'm trying to stay positive! This is my reality and it's not like it's hell. Imma just roll with it. Bai ✌🏼