Chapter 5

Brittany's POV
I flicked the light switch on and revealed...
"Anna!? Oh my gosh you didn't have to do this!" I saw Anna sitting on the couch in front of a table set for two and my favorite food on both plates. "You got Chinese food? But you already paid for my Uber? Thank you so much!" I run in to greet her with a hug, she smiles and hugged me back. "I did it for you. I knew you'd probably be hungry after your flight and I had the extra time so I decided to surprise you with your favorite. Plus you already know I can't cook." Anna laughs. That's so sweet of her, and she poured out wine for us too. I can't believe she went so out of her way just to surprise me. "Thank you!" I smile. My hands still lay on her shoulders from our hug, I quickly lean in a press a soft kiss on her cheek. "I really appreciate it. Now let's eat!" I say, still smiling I near run to my seat. I didn't even realize it until now, but I'm starving. I hadn't eaten anything on the plane and I only had a banana for breakfast on my way to the airport. This was really thoughtful of Anna, I'm thankful to have her.
As we ate our food, I took the time to admire the scene in front of me. Two glasses of red wine and the bottle itself sitting nearby. Two boxes of noodles set as well, each sitting on a plate. A glass with water holding beautiful roses sat on the side of the table, opposite from the wine bottle. Everything was placed strategically so that the set up looked nice. This was really thought out. The idea of Anna setting everything up just for me warms my heart and brings a genuine smile to my face. I then look to my right to see her and her effortlessly gorgeous self. Sitting next to me, I had nearly the perfect view of her beautiful face. Her perfectly structured jawline is so sharp I could cut my finger. She looks so pretty today, I mean she looks pretty everyday, but today particularly there's something different. Her hair was done in curls and the top half was pulled back away from her face. She was dressed in a light blue, oversized flannel that covered most of her body. Underneath, she had on a nice blouse that also could've been some sort of nightgown, I couldn't tell. Either way she managed to look stunning even in such a simple and comfortable look. I guess she noticed me staring, because she then snapped me out of my thoughts. "Britt? Ya there? Brittanyyy, what's up?" She asked while waving her hand in front of my face. "Oh! Nothing just.. thinking. I guess I zoned out, sorry" I laugh. "It's okay, what were you thinking about?" She asks. Oh shit, what do I say? Should I just be honest? "I'm just really happy you did all this for me, I really am thankful for today and just you in general." I say looking into her stormy blue eyes and even found my hand placed on her knee. Well I was honest, I didn't tell the full truth, but it was half of the truth. I think it would be too forward or even just awkward to tell her I was drooling over how beautiful she is.

Anna's POV
Oh shit, her hand is on my knee! And I just caught her staring at me. Well she was kinda zoning out so maybe she just happened to be looking at me and it came off as staring. This is intense eye contact, damn I love looking deep into those bright blue eyes. Fuck, I haven't said anything yet.  "Aww Britt, I'm thankful for you too. Of course, this was nothing I just wanted to give you a warm welcome I guess. Anything for you." I smile, that was good, I came up with that right on the spot too. We were just getting lost in each other's eyes for a moment, our faces drew nearer as the seconds passed. My eyes flickered down to her lips a few times, breaking the eye contact for a few brief seconds, only to return my gaze to her blue orbs. She seemed to do the same, stealing quick glances at my lips as well. Does she want to kiss me? Is this actually happening right now. I can't believe it. The one, the only, the beautiful Brittany Snow is about to kiss me. I never expected today to turn out like this. Once our noses were touching, I figured it's close enough for this to be a good time to make my move. I brought my hand up and rested it delicately on her face, my thumb caressing her cheek for a second, before I pull her in and close the gap. Our lips finally pressed against each other's. I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner or at least in a Bechloe scene. I never would've thought we'd have our first kiss as Anna and Brittany rather than as Beca and Chloe. It's amazing though, I'm not at all complaining. Our lips moved together in sync perfectly. It was a soft, sweet kiss. Her hot breath against my face, her soft lips firmly pressed against mine, and her hand had snaked up and wrapped around the back of my neck bringing me in closer. Everything about this moment was just so indescribably perfect.
Before the kiss escalated, we pulled away. I looked into her eyes, searching for something to tell me how she felt about this. Brittany then spoke up. "So I guess Bechloe is real." She giggled. "Not only Bechloe, but Sendrick seems to be real as fuck right now." I smile. "It sure is." She says before leaning into another sweet kiss. This definitely has to be one of the best days ever.

(a/n: I didn't expect to write the first kiss so soon, but looking at the set up and everything I guess it just felt like the right moment. Thank you to everyone who's been reading it so far, I hope you're enjoying my story. Comment suggestions or ideas if you have anything xx )