ch12

still Anna Kendrick's POV...

"So, do you think you can tell the producers that you don't want to? You can even tell them it's because your boyfriend isn't comfortable or something."

Shit, I completely forgot the world still thought I was dating a man.

"Ben? Yeah, um, we broke up awhile ago. I guess I forgot to tell people."

Both of their faces showed a flash of surprise, but I couldn't tell which part shocked them.

"Anna, I'm sorry." Alexis started, "How are you feeling?" Anna Camp asked.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I was pretty much over the breakup already. By the time we actually broke up, the romantic aspect of our relationship had already been long gone. Plus, I want Brittany, I've always wanted her. "It was for the best, anyways. We were more like friends than anything else for the longest time."

"Well, I'm glad you're alright." Alexis swung her arm over my shoulder for a side hug, I wrapped my arm around her waist and squeezed back. As much as this is comforting, I have a feeling she knows about me and Brittany. Maybe she doesn't and this is just my anxiety, but I'm not sure.

~

***the start of their 5 minute break, but different POV***

Brittany's POV

Hailee and I were the only Bella's to not run out for the bathroom. I guess we're the more prepared ones?

"So, what do you think about Chloe and Chicago?" The younger girl asks.

"Ehh, I mean, I'm sure he's supposed to be cute... Chloe is just so in love with Beca. From reading the script, I think she only goes with him to protect herself. Like, Beca has always been emotionally unavailable for Chloe. Now, with that new guy, Theo, being written into the story and this hot soldier showing interest in Chloe... Of course, she's gonna give this guy a shot."

"Yeah, that does make sense." Hailee nods then leans back in her chair, "It is kind of annoying though."

"Oh, for sure." I agree, "No studios want to branch out to represent anything outside of their 'normal'. It's bullshit, this is 2017! I thought we'd be better than this."

Hailee listens to my rant and adds "Plus, almost the whole audience is rooting for Beca and Chloe as endgame in this movie."

"Exactly!" I huff.

A beat passes and the young brunette lets out a chuckle. "You know, for a bunch of mostly straight women, we complain about heterosexual norms a lot."

I know she said 'mostly' to be inclusive, but my heart still sped up and I let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, that's true. Weird, right?"

Hailee's eyed narrowed and she cocked her head to the side a bit.

My eyes stared back at her, "What?"

"Nothing, just-" she gave herself a second to put her words together, "You got nervous when I referred to us as mostly straight." A wide grin could be seen tugging at her face.

"No, I didn't." I defended a bit too quickly. This only caused her to raise her eyebrows and shrug her shoulders.

"I just want you to know, you have my support. Whoever you may fall for in the course of our lives -as long as they treat you well and make you happy- will be welcomed with open arms."

The youngest Bella's warm, brown eyes reassured me she was telling the truth. "Thank you, Hails."

Around then, people were piling back into the room. Returning from either bathroom breaks or a quick trip down the hall filling their water bottle.

I saw my little munchkin walking with Alexis and Camp. The tallest girl had an arm draped around her, who had her own arm around Alexis' waist in return. Anna Camp was by Alexis' other side, their fingers loosely intertwined.

a/n:

aaaaaahhhhh i'll just end the chapter here i guess. i'll start the next one soon i hope. not tha it's an excuse but i now have two part time jobs. this fall i'm a freshman in college and i'm aiming to buy a car before summer ends. thank you to anyone who is somewhat invested in this story, love you lots x