Chapter 9

a/n: Before this chapter starts I'd like to once again apologize for my inconsistency. I should have planned out the storyline before posting chapters but instead I just came up with each chapter one at a time and just would wing it. That is not at all a good writing strategy and I'm learning the hard way because people are requesting updates but I don't even know where the story is going. I have other stories in the works right now that will be more planned out so my next story won't be a flop like this one. I appreciate everyone's patience and support, love you!

(No one's POV, third person)

The next day flew by pretty quickly as nothing much had happened other than the expected arrivals of the rest of the Bella girls.

Due to the jet lag and overall lack of energy amongst the group, and also wanting nothing more than to simply catch up with one another, they did nothing but just hang out in a hotel room.

Hailee, Ester, and Kelley are excitedly talking about music and songwriting, and the Bellas take the opportunity to express how proud they are of Hailee and her successful music career since their last movie together.

Alexis and Camp are chatting like two moms typically would, just talking about their lives at home. Alexis and her daughter, and Anna with her husband and pug.

Rebel and Kendrick are cracking jokes and just acting silly as they usually would when they're together.

Then Hana, Chrissie, Shelley and Brittany start up a conversation, that the other girls soon join, discussing their theories on how PP3 might happen and what the Bellas may do next.

None of them have heard anything about what the script is about yet so the girls are left to their imaginations to guess as to what the movie could be about.

Where Pitch Perfect 2 left off, the Bellas finally graduate college so they already knew there'd be no collegiate competitions. Emily is the last Bella still in college, so it's a total mystery what she could be up to.

With Hailee's character being so naturally innocent, they really couldn't tell if Emily would end up a mess being the sole Bella's leader or have a total freshman to senior glo-up. It could go either way and depending on which way it goes it could totally effect the plot of the movie.

As for the graduated characters, what could they be up to? Aubrey would probably still be the owner of The Lodge at Fallen Leaves, but that could change. Chloe would either be attempting vet school or exotic dancing like she said she would. Hopefully Flo is still alive, but most likely she is since Chrissie is here. Fat Amy and Bumper could be married by now. The possibilities are truly endless.

"Do you think they've got some Bechloe scenes in the script?" Rebel is the first to bring up the iconic Pitch Perfect ship. At the mention of Bechloe, Brittany and Kendrick desperately try to hide their nervousness and remain casual about everything.

"Oh I'm sure they did, that's always been the major ship in the franchise" Shelley replies, and everyone murmurs, nods, and shrugs in agreement. It's just a commonly known and agreed upon fact that Bechloe has always been the main ship, especially in the eyes of the cast and crew.

"Yeah but they're all gonna be super lowkey," Chrissie pitches in "in PP2 the biggest Bechloe scene was probably in the tent and that was just a tease."

"She has a point" Alexis sighs "and ever since PP1 I've had a hunch that Universal Studios would never be the type to make a gay ship canon."

"Yeah facts, it was wack how they know they have a whole fan base rooting for this ship yet they barely did anything in the movie for the shippers" Ester crosses her arms to further express her frustration.

All the Bellas continue to talk about Bechloe, as well as other ships within the fandom that they've heard about. During this, Brittany and Kendrick remain almost silent, not having anything to add to the conversation since they were both too focused on not being obvious and giving themselves away.

Unfortunately for them, in their desperate yet sad attempt to not give themselves away, they gave themselves away. Camp has noticed the unusual quietness and was growing suspicious of the odd behavior so she finally spoke up.

"Brit, what do you think will happen for Bechloe?" Camp asks, raising an eyebrow in question "you haven't said anything this entire conversation. Share your thoughts."

"Uh- I... umm" Brittany stumbles over her words, not expecting to be called out. Kendrick is silently thanking her luck, but did so too soon as Camp's attention then shifts to her next.

"You too, Kendrick. You normally have something to say about this." Camp points out, very confused about her friends' lack of contribution to the conversation when it's their characters they're all talking about.

"Uhh I don't know..." Kendrick is kicking her brain to come up with a decent response "depends on where the storyline goes I guess. Beca could still be with Jesse."

"Oh fuck, I totally forgot about them!" Rebel blurts out.

"...that ship is kinda dead though, guys" Hana says "Jesse and Beca barely spent any time together in PP2 and wasn't Jesse supposed to be leaving for film school?"

"Yeah, but that shot got put in the 'alternate/extended scenes' section, so I don't know if that counts as a fact" Kelley chimes in.

"Plus, Skylar isn't here and he was told Jesse moved to New York and isn't part of the story anymore. They must've broken up." Camp mentions, which gets the approval of all the other Bellas. It just makes sense; Jesse would be in the movie if him and Beca are still together.

Kendrick, managing to push aside her inner concerns regarding her and Brittany, finally spoke confidently on the subject.

"I fucking hope Beca and Chloe get together. They'd be doing a real injustice to the fans to rob them of the one request they've been begging for from the start."

To that, everyone agrees. It's just true. The only issue is homophobia in the industry, and how the heteronormative ways are overruling.

That made the two women nervous. If Chloe and Beca couldn't be together, how could Brittany and Anna be out as a couple?