Day 8

Hello, admin Heather here. This was my first time writing a full chapter for CC. Apologies if there are some mistakes! I tried my best to include every cat!

Anyways... On to the story!

----

Honeyrose could not sleep.

Her eyes remained wide open, and her head lay on the edge of her nest. The she-cat exhaled, forcing her eyes shut as she listened to the sounds of the night. She longed to sleep, to escape from her world of worry for just a night. One relaxing sleep would be all she needed.

"Just one night's sleep, please, Starclan," she quietly whispered to the wind.

Her solemn prayer seemed to have been answered, as the she-cat finally felt her consciousness begin to fade away. Honeyrose's breath began to deepen; and then finally-

Snap.

Honeyrose's eyes opened suddenly, scanning the area around her. Dread filled her stomach as she realized she wasn't the only cat awake.

A small voice in her head to her not to, but she left the den anyways, quietly stepping over warrior's tails as she made her way to the exit.

The moon was full that night, shining brightly and providing a lighter area to investigate. Honeyrose was grateful for its light; she liked an enemy she could see.

The sphynx's yellow eyes examined the clearing; hoping to find the source of the noise she had heard. Nothing, it seemed, was in sight.

That's strange, the warrior said, her eyes narrowing. I could've sworn...

Could it have been her imagination? This investigation was probably worthless, if that was true. She'd probably gotten so worked up over nothing.

Honeyrose stood in that spot for a while, her mind racing with thoughts of why she heard that noise. However, no matter how much she tried to convince herself, her gut told her that noise was created by a cat.

I-I...

I have to find the traitors.

That single thought stuck in her mind. She knew, even at the cost of her own life, she was going to find the traitors. Nothing was more important to her at that moment than that.

Honeyrose nodded firmly to no cat in particular. She placed one foot in front of the other, slowly but surely progressing into the forest.

After walking for a bit, she began to hear cats meows. They were quiet and suspicious, but Honeyrose was able to hear them.

She quietly approached the voices, crouching down low to hide herself more. The voices became louder and louder until finally she could hear what they were saying.

"Well," said one of the voices, to another cat whom Honeyrose couldn't recognize. "Tonight will be your trial run. If you successfully kill our... target, then you're officially one of us."

Honeyrose didn't hear this new traitor's words, as they spoke extremely quietly. So she stuck her head in closer, stealthily.

"Okay, so here's the plan. We'll slit their throat like we did to Pinestep. It'll be quick and easy. You," the traitor said, pointing to someone who Honeyrose guessed was the new one, "will have the honour of slitting their throat. I'll keep watch, and the rest of you be prepared to help out with anything."

Honeyrose shuddered silently, her yellow eyes narrowing with hatred towards the cats whom she had once called her clanmates.

She didn't care what happened. All that mattered was that she got revenge for the lives they had taken.