Chapter Four

She couldn't tear her eyes away, no matter how much she was fighting with herself to do just that inside of her head. Her drink was constantly against her lips, being downed and the cup refilling far too often. She was standing next to Dinah and a couple other people Dinah had known but Camila didn't know anyone other than the girl next to her and her ex from across inside the house. Camila had been invited by Dinah who had been invited by Normani's "sort of" boyfriend Bryson. Bryson and Dinah had known each other for a while, going all the way back to fifth grade.

Not wanting to see her ex being loved up by some blonde anymore, Camila walked away from the sliding door and over to the pool. This was a block party, how the hell out of all the houses on this neighborhood, they happened to be in the same place? She wanted to leave, go somewhere else, but to leave she knew she'd have to go inside because she left her jacket hung up by the front door, which she now regretted because it was also kind of cold outside. But now she stood by the pool, her beer in hand and standing alone.

When Dinah had asked if she wanted to go, Camila had a bad feeling. She didn't want to, and at first, she rejected the offer. But after much convincing, she got dressed and found herself with a drink in hand at some frat house she had never been to before. She was wearing a white crop top with some high-waisted pants. It was a very casual look and as dressed up as she was going to get, even though Dinah's ideas for an outfit were more revealing for her. Dinah had grown up on the west coast, so she was pretty popular in this area. The only reason why people knew Camila was because she happened to be famous. But to her, that wasn't how she wanted to make friends, which is why she was alone. At least, until someone came up to her.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're one of those celebs that don't like going out. You prefer being at home watching your favorite TV show with some hot cocoa."

Looking behind her, she saw a guy wearing a varsity jacket. He had curls in his hair, naturally, and from what she could tell, some pretty eyes under the moonlight. "Yes but also no." She told him, looking back at the pool. "I like going out... but tonight I wish I would've stayed in."

"Can I ask why?" The guy said, coming to her side and facing the pool like she was.

She shrugged, taking another sip from her cup. "You know when you see something you don't want to see but didn't mean to see, still it eats you up inside? That's why."

He nodded, shoving his pants into the pockets of his varsity jacket. "Ah... I could understand that. I just saw my ex-girlfriend kissing up on someone inside. We just broke up like three months ago and the girls already moved on." He chuckled sadly, "We were together for two years, which is probably information you didn't ask for, so I'm sorry."

The singer shook her head, "No, no. I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one in pure misery right now." A small smile on both of their lips, she sighed. "Seeing my ex with another person kind of stings like hell, and we broke up like 8 months ago."

Deciding they knew enough about each other now to introduce himself, he held his hand out to her, turning his body to fully be facing her. "I'm Austin."

Taking his hand in her own, she replied. "Camila, as you obviously know."

"Look," He let out a deep breath and scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "since we both don't wanna watch our exes with other people, how about we go to the Delta house? I heart they have a bounce house and ball pit. I don't know about you, but I could use some cheering up and feeling like I'm 8 years old again kind of helps."

Smiling from the offer, she nodded her head. "Hell yeah, lets get out of here. Just - let me tell my friend that I'm leaving. And I have to get my jacket from inside."