Chapter Fourteen

Walking back into her apartment, completely skipping her classes for the day, her shoulder felt heavy. She needed to cry but she didn't know how to anymore because she had cried far too many times the last year and she knew she needed to toughen up. She just didn't know how. She was the reason things were the way they currently are now, but that didn't mean she was hurting any less. Growing up, her father Mike had always told her to be sure of her decisions because every action and choice that you made would have consequences. This was her consequence. Camila deciding that they needed to love outside of each other.

A part of her knew that Camila was right. That Camila had a good point. They've known each other since they were just babies and haven't branched out all that much growing up. They always were in their own little bubble and it was the cause of them needing that now. She just wished they would've done that while Camila was still on tour, not having to do it when Camila was finally back. Lauren had already done it. Lauren had already felt something for another person outside of Camila. Sure, she wasn't in love with Dove, she'd never let herself get to that point, but she had strong feelings for the platinum blonde. It was Camila who hadn't loved outside of their relationship. And although, Lauren knew that Camila deserved to love and be loved, Lauren knew that she wanted it to be her to give her ex-girlfriend exactly that. But she needed to learn that again, her actions caused this to be her consequence.

Just as she was bending down to sit on her couch, there was a knock at her door. She groaned, freezing in spot before closing her eyes for a moment as she sighed and then went for the door. She knew who it was. She just didn't know if she was in the right place to have this conversation right now. Then again, she knew that she needed to do it as soon as possible so that the hurting won't be worse down the road. There was no point in holding it off other than the fact that Lauren was emotionally drained and just wanted to lay in bed all day.

"Hey." Dove said softly as Lauren opened the door. Her bright blue eyes bore into Lauren's.
She noticed the worry in the ocean eyes, but ducked her head as she moved by the wall to open the door a little more for Dove to come in. Lauren closed the door, then followed the other woman towards the couches. "I didn't see you in class... I got worried and decided to bring you some notes so that you don't fall behind."

Watching Dove sit down, Lauren nodded. "Thanks." Matching Dove's tone, she also sat down but on the other couch. "You didn't have to though, if I fell behind, that's on me. I just – I... There's been a lot on my mind and I needed the day."

They both sat in silence for a little, neither entirely knowing what to say or do now. Dove knew what Lauren needed to say but she also knew Lauren all too well. She knew that the Cuban was too worried about hurting her that she was waiting to end things. But Dove also wanted Lauren to wait, because she wanted a fighting chance with Lauren. Over the last several months, she had been nothing but patient and kind and loving and just there, you know? And Dove swore to herself, that if Lauren just waited it out a little bit longer, things would be good between them. That she could honestly make Lauren happy if Lauren would just let herself let go of the past that has been crippling her.

Call Dove over-dramatic, but she felt like there were reasons that Lauren and Camila couldn't be together while they were apart. And if they can't be together from a distance, who's to say that'll change once Camila goes on tour again. Everyone knew it was coming up again. Just a few more months and Camila would be back on the rode and back on a world tour. She grew up with two parents who loved each other, but all too much, loved their careers more than anything else, sometimes more than her. Dove's parents stayed together for years, even going months without seeing each other because they were both on the road so much, that they'd only see each other in passing. And eventually, the two divorced because it had been a long time coming. And the fact that they went months without seeing each other and not entirely noticing became a problem. It wasn't until Dove pointed it out that the parents decided to end the charade they had going on.