Chapter Twelve

"You're kind of worrying me here, Lauren..."

That's what she didn't want to happen. Then again, she understood. She had promised Camila that she'd figure out that same night at the release party, but she didn't. It was three days later and her nerves were beginning to make her guilt ridden. She knew she had feelings for Dove. She knew that only just recently that she had asked Dove to be her girlfriend, and what was she doing now? Was she going to take that back? Ask that it never happened or just end things completely with the blonde? She knew she still loved Camila, but what if the singer could never fully trust in her again?

After the party, Lauren began to distance herself from her fellow school mate. Dove didn't know why, but she had a pretty good idea. She wasn't your stereotypical blonde that you see on TV. She had a good head on her shoulders and she knew Lauren pretty well by now. To say that she didn't know something had happened that night would be a lie, because she knew. She was just waiting for Lauren to tell her what exactly it was that happened. She didn't want to jump to conclusions but her patience was also wearing thin because of how much time she has always given Lauren. And she did that because she truly cared about Lauren, she didn't want anything in return other than honesty. That wasn't too much to ask for, at least to her it wasn't. Maybe it was for Lauren now that Camila was back in the picture.

Lauren knew that Dove deserved an actual fighting chance. That they took things slow for a reason, not because Lauren was just waiting around for Camila to come back. Right? That wasn't what she was doing... was it? Lauren couldn't help but to question the last several months she had spent apart from her ex-girlfriend. If she spent it on actually getting over her high school lover, or if she was just filling a void until she came back from tour. It was hard to tell at this point because she was trying so hard to focus on one thing that she couldn't do it.

"I'm not meaning to worry you." Lauren told her girlfriend honestly.

That didn't ease the blonde though. Dove knew what she had seen at the club, but she didn't know how far it had actually gotten. For Lauren to be so secretive now was probably the worst timing considering the fact that Lauren had kissed Camila on the balcony at the club like Dove wasn't even there. It was only seconds into the kiss until it led into the room of the balcony, so Dove couldn't see anymore and just had to wait for Lauren's confirmation on the actions that took place that night.

"I just - " Lauren let out a huff, hating herself for cheating on Dove. Cheating was something she thought she'd never do but she guessed that Camila was always an exception for everything. Bad or good. "I kissed Camila at the release party." She confessed with a shake of her head. "I - I'm really fucking sorry, Dove."

Wanting the confirmation and getting the confirmation and letting it sink in that something had happened were two different feelings. She had seen them kiss, but she wanted to know if more happened. "Is that all that happened?"

Looking at her girlfriend, Lauren nodded. "Yeah... it was."

"Okay." Dove said through a deep breath. "So, where does that leave us exactly? Because I want to say something, but I also don't want to look stupid at the end of it."

"No, no." Lauren quickly said, "Say whatever you want to say. Nothing you say will make you look stupid, Dove."

Knowing that Lauren was being honest helped Dove stay calm. Sure, she wouldn't start yelling but she was able to keep her anger inside right now even though it was beginning to boil over a little. "I knew that you two would end up kissing, I just wish it would've happened before you asked me to be your girlfriend, because then it wouldn't of been my business. Now it is because you kissed someone on a balcony where everyone in that club could see, including me and our friends that know we're together. I knew it would happen... I just - why did you wait to do it once we were finally together?"