Chapter Seven

She was nervous to say the least. This was the start of our their relationship would be for the next 10 months. So, this first Skype call had a lot riding on it. At least, that's what Camila thought. She got all dressed up, putting on a dress. She did her make up, curled her hair and even put perfume on. Even though she knew that her girlfriend wouldn't be able to smell it. She just wanted to do everything she'd do if they were actually physically together for this date.

Hitting the call button, she watched the screen and listened to the little jingle as she waited for her girlfriend to answer. It's been three days since Camila had left to begin her world tour. Three days without seeing Lauren and she feels like she's having withdrawals. She knew it sounded pathetic in her head but after being with someone for so long and spending every second together, it tends to get hard to not be around them. Her heart wasn't taking it too lightly and she hated thinking about how it was going to feel the next several months. Sure, they have plans to see each other and visit each other but that doesn't compare to seeing each other every day.

So this whole skype thing had to work out.

"Hey, my love." Lauren immediately said when she answered, a wide smile on her face as she felt like she hadn't seen Camila in months. "God, you look beautiful."

"Shut up." Camila said, a blush rising to her cheeks. She sighed, staring at the screen and lifting her fingers to graze over Lauren's face on it. "I miss you so much, Lo."

The student nodded, replying softly. "I know. I miss you, too... but we'll see each other in one month, four days and 14 hours."

The fact that her girlfriend was counting made Camila smile. "You're such a dork and I can't believe I can't kiss you right now for it. Anyways, tell me how schools been? I want to know all about it. Have you been recruited into a cult yet or met anyone that may have died and came back to life by a witch?"

The pale girl chuckled, shaking her head. "Baby, this is college, not American Horror Story. You need to stop comparing everything to that show because eventually, you're going to think you're a ghost."

"Yeah, the ghost of girlfriends past." Camila quickly commented. "Because soon you're going to fall in love with some beautiful college girl with wits and brains and algebra."

Again, Lauren couldn't help but laugh at her girlfriends stupid imaginary world. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but no girl here at Seattle U is worth my time. Especially since I have a hot girlfriend on tour right now making money to become my sugar momma."

Finally, Camila laughed along with Lauren and shook her head as she bit her lip. "I know... I just - I'm jealous that all these people get to see you everyday now and I'm not included. I have to seen you through a screen on my laptop."

"And still, you look hotter than anyone else here." The student quipped. "Plus, you can help me with my philosophy homework because I really need help and I know this is your specialty. I have a week to work on this but I'd rather get it out of the way now. I have this writing project that I want to actually focus on."

"Fine, fine, fine." Camila waved it off, leaning more towards her laptop. "Read to me what you've got and lets work on this."

They spend the next two hours going over Lauren's homework. They shared small jokes, comments and smiles. Camila didn't mind that this was what they spent their Skype date on because she knew that if she was there in person, it'd literally be what they would be doing together. They'd be working on Lauren's school work or on Camila's music. It's how it always was with them. While Camila was passionate about singing, Lauren was passionate about school and writing.