Chapter 1: TOW The Move

TOW Ross and Rachel

This is about the future of Ross and Rachel

It is five years in the future after the The Last One. Ross and Rachel have gotten married and have a happy family of 3 kids Emma (age 6) and twins Howard and Daniel both aged 5. They are a happy family. This story deals with them in the future and dealing with everyday life and the surprises that arrive. With slight changes to the ages of the kids. Other characters make an appearance. Ross still works at the Museum and teaching at the university. Rachel got a new job in NYC as a chief designer at a startup east coast fashion company after being fired at Ralph Lauren.

Chapter One: TOW The Move

Ross was just arriving home from work and could smell the dinner that was being prepared by Rachel. His kids ran up to him "Hi Daddy, how was your day?" and each gave him a big hug. Ross said "It was great how was yours?" They said that they had a good day and what they learned about in school with Emma saying she played with Dinosaurs that day at recess. Ross was impressed and was happy that Emma was taking an interest in the science field.

Hey Rach what did you make for dinner tonight"? Ross said, he was hungry after a long day of work he was excited to eat. Were having BBQ Chicken with Cesar Salad and roasted potato's, Monica gave me the recipe do you like it? Yeah Rach it is really good.

That night while watching TV with the kids that night the phone rings and Rachel answers, as she hangs up the phone ross goes over What was that about Rach? Nothing they just want me in the office early tomorrow morning Rachel sighed. Okay well I have some papers to mark so can you put the kids to bed? Sure, Ross no problem.

Next Morning at 6am:

As the alarm rings Rachel drags herself out of bed wondering why they wanted her in so early today?

7:30am at Rachel's office.

"Good morning sir how are you today?" Rachel said as she sat down.

"Good Morning Rachel, I am good I assume you are good as well. I know we are all here early so I am going to make this quick. We are looking to expand into the southern east coast and are opening a district office in Cordele Georgia which is about 2 hours south of Atlanta. I have 2 pieces of news for you. First, we are eliminating your position and merging with the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer). Second we were wondering if you wanted to be the head of the office in Cordele?" The pay will be up to $40,000. Starting next week

Rachel was in shock at first

"It's okay Rachel I am giving you to the end of the week before you let me know your decision"

That Evening at the Geller household

"Rach are you feeling okay? , you seem upset about something" Ross asked

"Ross I will talk to you once the kids are in bed"

9pm

"Rach what is that matter?"

Rachel's voice began to shake as tears started to well up "Ross they are eliminating my position, they have offered me a position as the head of a new district office in Cordele Georgia up to $40 000. Ross, I have been there for 4 years worked long hours and this is how they repay me?!

Ross: Rachel it's up to you what you want to do, the economy is not doing too well now and it might be hard to find a new job, I mean do you really want to move down so far from your family? From me?

Rachel: I think I need to Ross, Ralph Lauren will not give me a reference after they fired me for what they called "incompetence" after I forgot to send designs in time for the new season and not going to the meeting out of embarrassment I think they were just pushing me out though as the boss wanted his daughter in my job. I think I should go Cordele and see how it goes. It's possible that I could move up in the company.