Chapter 4: TOW The Labor Day

TOW: The Labor Day

It has been about one month since Rachel gave birth to Elizabeth. She has been getting healthier at the ICU. "Good thing Ross's insurance is going to cover it" Rachel thought. Rachel had been visiting Elizabeth every day at the ICU, some days had been tougher then others. Today was a good day and Rachel was looking forward to seeing everyone at Chandler and Monica's house tonight as everyone was getting back together for a dinner and fireworks celebration.

At the Geller-Bing household

"Chandler can you go get the turkey out of the oven, the guests are going to be arriving any moment and I do not want to leave them waiting for my delicious food and please whatever you do don't drop the turkey!" Monica hollered to Chandler as she was mashing the potato's "Who knew this was a great way to relieve my anger" she thought as well.

"Don't drop the turkey, don't drop the turkey" Chandler was thinking to himself as he put it down on the table and the cranberry sauce beside it. "Anything else you need?" "No were good" Monica said from the kitchen. At the same time, the doorbell rang "I'll get it" Chandler said as he stated to walk to the door.

"Chandler how are you darling?" Phoebe said in her British Accent, "Phoebe why are you doing that accent?" Chandler asked. "She is doing it because we are going on a trip to England and Europe this fall and she is trying to practice fitting in, just in case she meets the Queen or something" Mike sighed. "She does a good job but I have been listening to it for a while, anyway the kids are at my parent's place. Here is a bottle of wine we brought over." Mike said as he handed it over to Chandler. "Thanks, you guys" Chandler said as he put the bottle on the table "We are going to have to serve this tonight, it looks fancy and British"

The next to arrive was Joey and Hannah, "I think that has been the longest relationship you have been in Joey" Chandler remarked to Joey. "Yeah well this time it feels just.... different you know and Hannah is a pretty special girl to me" Joey said as he gave Hannah a smile. Hannah smiled back "Oh Joey your so sweet" At that moment there was someone else at the door.

"Hey everyone" Ross said as he entered the room. "I brought a box of chocolates, Monica's favourite" Ross teased as he put it down at the island and joined everyone else at the table. "Ross thanks, you like the house? We did some renovations on it" "Yeah it looks good Mon" As Ross looked around.

Ring,Ring,Ring

"Hello, Phoebe speaking, Hi Rach how's it going, okay, mmm, okay, WHAT?! Okay I will let Ross know" Phoebe said talking into the phone as she waved her hands around in the air. "Pheebs what's going on is everything okay?" Ross said with a growing sense of concern in his faced. "Ross we need to go to the hospital now, Elizabeth has an infection and Rachel seems pretty worried, I think we should go down to comfort her. I will take you in my cab" Phoebe exasperated as she grabbed her coat and ran down the stairs. Ross chased after her "Sorry guys I really should go" "It's okay Ross we understand" Chandler said.

At the Hospital:

"Hi, my name is Regina Phalange and this is my brother Ross, we are here to see a Miss Rachel Green, would you know where she is?" Phoebe demanded as she gave a stare to the receptionist

"Yes, she is just down the hall in room 26B, have a good day" The receptionist sounded cheerfully and a bit worried since the lady was giving her an intense stare.

"Ross,Pheebs I am so glad you could make it" Rachel sighed struggling to hold her emotions in. "The doctor said Elizabeth has pneumonia and is giving him antibiotics now. Sorry I look like a mess but I was just in the washroom for 30 minutes crying my eyes out, it has just been so stressful. The doctor said she might need hearing aids since her hearing is going down hill" Rachel quickly said as her stress was clearly visible in her face.

"Rachel calm down, Elizabeth is a strong girl I am sure it will work out" Ross started "No Ross, how are we going to afford this? Your insurance runs out at the end of the month and I am unemployed. I was thinking of being a waitress again until I can find a job in fashion. It will help pay the bills. What do you think Ross?"

"If that's what you want Rach" Ross sighed "I just don't want to say that I am married to a waitress you know? You have so much more potential, but hey it's your choice"

"I think I am going to do it, it will be just like the old times at Central Perk. Except I think I will be better at it this time" Rachel said as she let out a weak laugh

End of Chapter. Will Elizabeth be okay? How will things work out with Rachel returning to being a waitress.

s going tofY}