Chapter 6: TOW Things are Looking Up

TOW Things Are Looking Up: This is a much more positive and happy chapter, focuses mostly on Ross and Rachel. Mainly Rachels thoughts and feelings More of a fluffy chapter. Let me know what you think of the crossover of FRIENDS and The Office (US version). If you guys like it I will continue with it

"Rachel who did this to you? I am going to find that punk and slug him! No one hurts my Rachel! I will call the cops right now" Ross was shaking has his voice was straining to contain the anger. "I don't remember, Ross, honestly I was drugged I don't remember, please let's just keep this between us, there is not enough to call the cops" Rachel lied though the terror and fear that was running through her mind. She was mostly worried about Ross doing something crazy. "It's going to be okay Rachel, you have me and our family. If you need an counselling I know I great one that is by the museum, been in the business over 15 years." Ross tried to comfort her. "Why don't you go get changed and I will grab you some water and we can do whatever you like" Ross said in a gentle yet comfortable voice trying to comfort her traumatized and grieving wife. As Rachel got changed up, Ross went into the kitchen and grabbed her a cup of water. "Hear you do Rach, just cover up under the blankets with your PJ's on and if you want to talk we can talk." Ross smiled at her trying to show her that she was safe and sound at home. "I am okay Ross, thank you though I really appreciate it. I think I am just going to rest up for a bit, have a little nap." Rachel said with a little smile. Ross was happy to see that his wife was starting to relax. He was also appalled that anyone would do this to another human being especially to his loving, kind, caring and beautiful Rachel. He knew that they needed to keep it to themselves for now, but Ross was going to get vengeance or at least find out who it was and report to the authorities.

One Month Later:

"Jagr up the point, he crosses the blue line and he shoots.. he scores!" was heard through the TV as the New York Rangers were playing the arch-rival New York Islanders on FOX Sports. As the kids hoots and hollers of excitement were heard from the living room. The kids came running into the kitchen "Mommy Daddy the Rangers won in overtime, Jagr scored the game winner, they are going to the playoffs."" they said in jubilation. "That amazing kids maybe we could go to a playoff game, we are going to have dinner soon. Daddy made his famous fajitas. Don't they smell so good?" Ross said as he pulled up the cover and let the steam and aromas of the fajitas fill the room.

As Ross was setting the table his wife walked in smiling but he could tell there was something wrong. "Hi Rachel, how was today? I made some fajitas for dinner" Ross said with his biggest smile. "It smells really good Ross, my day was great actually I met lots of new people, just tired from all of the new information" Rachel smiled back with a giddy voice. Ross was glad to hear that as his worry was building since she first walked into the door just melted away. Rachel had just started a new job at a new fashion company after quitting the restaurant. Ross was supportive as his wife told that she wanted to do something that she enjoyed and brought purpose to her life.

"The secretary Pam was really nice today and she let me sit at the lunch table with the "normal people" who taught me the ropes and what to expect day to day, she is the sweetest. I met her husband Jim who works at Dunder Mifflin in the NYC offices. It's some sort of paper company or paper sales I don't remember. He is quite the prankster that one, him and Chandler would get along together" Rachel laughed at the memory of that afternoon when Jim arrived at the offices dressed up as a fashion designer and tricked Rachel's not so bright branch manger to order some paper coloured dresses that Jim and his friend Andy made the day before at the offices that was basically just the colour white. To be fair they did look realistic. "Well I am glad you are making friends Rachel. They seem like nice people. Maybe we could take Jim and Pam out for coffee or dinner sometime. Where are they from?" Ross inquired like he always liked to do. "They are from Scranton, PA. They moved to NYC when Jim got a promotion to district manager in NYC. They have three kids Cece, Phillip and Mary" Rachel said trying to remember everything that Pam said. She sure was a talker when you got to know her. Just then Elizabeth started crying "I will go get her Rachel, just enjoy dinner with the kids" Ross said as he walked up the stairs

That Night:

"Your mine" said an eerie yet familiar voice then SLAM then everything went black until Rachel's eyes darted open, she was covered in sweat and her breathing was fast paced almost hyperventilating. "It's just a dream, just a dream" she told herself. She tried to get to the washroom when Ross entered the room. "Rachel is everything okay? I was just checking up on the kids" Ross looking concerned. "Yeah Ross I am fine, just had to use the washroom, was having a bad dream" Rachel gave a half smile. "Rachel your hyperventilating" Ross said with wide eyes of concern. "Everything is okay, just relax"" Ross said as he sat beside her and gave her a gentle pat/rub on the back. "What was your dream about?" he asked. "I don't remember, nothing too bad" Rachel lied as she did not want to worry her husband even more. He was just being a great and supportive husband. "Just think about positive things Rach, like your new job, friends and your great family. Besides things are looking up for you Rachel" Ross said in his smooth gentle almost puppy like voice. This made Rachel smile and warm inside. She relaxed and went to sleep as Ross stroked her hair. In her mind though she knew that if these dreams and fears continued she would need to tell Ross and maybe go see that therapist he was talking about. She just did not want to make a big deal about it and wanted to move on.

END OF CHAPTER