Chapter 14

Chapter 14

4 months into the future

He seemed happier these days, taking the kids to ball practice and the Mets games was always fun. One day when Joey was back from LA they would have to go with him. His new girlfriend Julia was amazing, they would go on walks in the morning together and pick up the kids at school together. Julia was an aspiring artist who drew impressionist paintings and was only a few years older then him. She was funny, humble and relax with Ross. She has a petite brunette with a puppy dog of a face that made Ross want to kiss of even longer. They seemed to have so much in common.

They both liked the same music and had a fan obsession with Bruce Springsteen. They both liked Star Wars and the movies in general. Her and Monica both got along well with Julia liking to cook, they would always share recipes for baking or cooking. Their first date he remembered going to the movies with her and spilling his soda on her. She thought it was the funniest thing and had a better response then Rach... Rachel. Who probably would have gotten mad at him for ruining her dress he thought replaying the scene in his mind. He cleared his mind thinking of something else.

The arrangement between him and Rachel that was settled during the divorce seemed to be working out well for them. The kids had seemed to get used to it and were back into their routines and creating new memories. Him and Julia were taking them to Disney World because they never got to go to Disneyland in LA. They would be so surprised and he could not wait to tell them.

As he walked into the door his kids were carving pumpkins with Julia. "Hey Honey" Julia said while throwing her hands of pumpkin seeds in Ross's face.

"Hey Jules, are you the pumpkin monster or something" he said while playful taking some and plopping them into his mouth. "They are extra tasty, must be the fresh pumpkin seed"

"Hey kids we got a surprise for you" he said holding out his hands with an envelope already open

"Can I open it?" Howard said grabbing it and pulling out the tickets to the flight

"Disneyland!" Emma squealed with delight "I can't wait to see Cinderella and Mickey!" she said jumping up and down getting excited about the anticipation of going

"Rachel said she would watch Elizabeth for the 2 weeks, we are not only going to Disney. We were thinking of visiting NASA and going to the beach as well" he said barely able to contain his excitement turning to Julia who was smiling in excitement as well.

"Kids we are leaving in a few days so you will have to let your school teachers know. We can start packing tonight" Julia said in a motherly voice while directing the kids to the bedroom.

"I wish Elizabeth could come but the doctor said it would be best to avoid airplanes until she was at least 4 or 5 years old due to her hearing still developing" he said. "Rachel will be more then happy to have her for 2 weeks."

"I am sure she will have a great time with Rachel" Julia reassured him giving him a hug while gazing at Elizabeth in her playpen playing with her blocks.

As the next few days were busy getting papers marked and tests for him it was a breeze knowing that a nice relaxing vacation was waiting with sunny palm trees and his girl friend Julia. It was going to be a great time.

He pulled into Rachel's driveway knocked on the door with Elizabeth in his arms. It was a beautiful summer day. Rachel was in the front lawn gardening when she waved at Ross.

"Hey Rachel thanks for doing this I really appreciate it, I am sure you two will gave a great time" he said while giving her a hug.

"Yeah when I can afford it I will" Rachel said with a smile. "Don't worry about me and Elizabeth we will have plenty of fun here, you go have fun with Julia and the boys at Disney World" while unpacking and setting up Elizabeth's crib. "You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back" she said while playing with her daughter.