Chapter 9: TOW The Change

Chapter #9: TOW with The Change: I am making this chapter a bit more positive as I have been getting lots of reviews saying I should make it positive. The next chapters will be more positive.

"Mom why have you and Dad been fighting a lot lately?" Emma quizzed Rachel "You seem to be very angry with each other!"

"Sweetie it is just that we have been so busy lately and sometimes we get worried and we get mad at each other and take out our anger on each other. There is nothing to worry about. Me and Daddy are going to talk about it" Rachel said trying to calm her down. "Everything is going to be just fine, now do you want to play doll with me?" She smiled at Emma as she went to go grab the doll house and mini figurines. She was trying to distract Emma and herself from the troubles that she and Ross had been having. Besides it would be nice to have some bonding time on her day off of work with her daughter. She was going to spoil her today and make her favourite foods such as spaghetti and meatballs with Shirly Temples to drink.

It was just another day at the office for Ross dealing with marking papers and attending lectures. His students seemed to be extra distracted today. Maybe it was the weather or the homecoming event that was happening that weekend. It sure was snowing outside. "Okay class you can hand in your papers in the front, have a good night everyone and stay safe tonight" he said enthusiastically. The students did not seem to match his excitement as they grumbled handing in their papers.

"I have marriage counselling tonight" Ross thought as he had a memo to remind himself. He did not want to forget it and feel the wrath from Rachel. He made sure to have plenty of time to get there and arrive on time. It was now lunch time and he was hungry. He went into the break room and was surprised at who he saw.

"OH MY GOD!" ringed a familiar voice and was met with an almost machine gun like laughter. "Ross Geller what a nice surprise! What are you doing here?" Janice teased

"Hi... Janice, I am a professor here at the university. The more important and surprising question is what are you doing here in the staff lounge?" Ross laughed while pinching himself "This is a dream, this not real" he thought to himself trying to imagine this conversation was not happening.

"I am the new assistant to the sciences department. I don't teach or anything but I set up labs and help mark assignments and tests. I did get a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida" Janice said while laughing. In a almost shrill like voice "This is going to be great Ross! We can see each other everyday, have lunch together... oh it is going to be so great!"

"Yeah... I know" Ross said while plastering the fakest smile he could put on at the moment. "This is real and just when I wanted to have a lunch to myself to clear my thoughts" he told himself

"So how are you doing Doctor Geller? How is my Bingaling and his group of Friends doing? I need to be brought up to date on the whole story. It has been so long since I have seen everyone after I moved to Florida with my husband or should I say ex-husband. We're divorced now. You know you have done it 3 times!" Janice said while laughing at the expense of Ross.

"I am great Janice, never been better. Chandler and Monica are still out in the suburbs. Me and Rachel have 4 kids now with our recent one Elizabeth being one year old now. Joey is traveling back and forth between LA and New York. He has a steady girlfriend now; her name is Hannah and she does photography." Ross said while gritting his teeth and forcing the words out of his mouth. Besides Janice was too excited to notice his annoyance.

"Yeah it is going to be so great! Maybe we could get a cup of coffee after work at Central Perk just like old times" Janice said "So a little bit about me, well you know that me and my husband divorced but we do have one kid and it is a boy named Tylor. He is 3 years old now and travels back and forth between me and my husband who is still in Florida. I really liked in it Florida it was so nice with the sandy beaches and the warm sunshine all year long...." Janice continued to spill out her life since they parted ways all those years ago. But at this point to Ross she was droning on and on and he was starting to zone out.