C - Me Day

"Samiya Katherine Baker!" Miss Baker shouted. Kaden sniggered but tried to keep quiet. Even he seemed scared of Mrs Baker when she was mad.

"I'm not calling him!" Sam shouted back. She was arguing with her mother in the kitchen whilst Me, Kaden and Lou sat around the table awkwardly. Sophia and Skye seemed to not care about the argument and sat mixing different cereals together.

"Mum, give her a break, she's scared" Kaden tried to diffuse the situation.

"I'm not scared!" Sam snapped.

"Stop! I know you're trying to keep your image up, but honey, you need to tell me how you feel rather than shouting at me!" Miss Baker half-shouted, showing a little sympathy.

"Fine" Sam sighed.

"Come upstairs, we can talk" Miss Baker said softly, and she led Sam upstairs.

Me and the others sat in silence before Kaden spoke.

"Are you and Sammy dating?", He asked, a mouth full of cereal. I almost choked on my juice.

"What?" I said between coughs.

"I don't know, you too just seem really close. I just got, vibes, you know?" He shrugged.

"We're not together, no" I answered him, though the words felt a little sour on my tongue. Did our kisses count as a connection? Did our confessions count as a relationship? I was lost as to who we were.

"Sam's got a girlfriend! Sam's got a girlfriend!" Sophia chanted, giggling.

"Girls, give it a rest" Lou sighed.

Sophia and Skye giggled to each other but didn't say another word.

"If you do get with my sister, don't break her heart, or you'll have me to deal with" Kaden threatened me, though his voice was light.

"neither of those things will ever happen, but it's cute that you care about her. Lou, am i okay to go out for a few hours?" I dismissed Kaden, then turned to Lou.

"Sure, be home by 5" She said, not seeming like she cared. I didn't want to press her on her current mood, so i went upstairs to grab my bag.

As i walked past Mrs Baker's room. I heard shouting. I briefly stopped in the hallway.

"Fuck you! Fuck you! You're not my dad!" Sam practically screamed.

"Samiya!" Mrs Baker gasped. I decided not to eavesdrop anymore and quickly scurried to Sam's room.

I got dressed and braided my hair into two french braids to keep it out of my face, grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

I wanted a 'Me Day'. Where I could play with someone's mind and forget my own, forget about the hurricane of feelings that Sam was unintentionally wrecking my life with.

My entire life had been a series of short, toxic relationships where I broke hearts and left them begging for more. I never loved any of the boys I kissed behind school and then abruptly dumped. I never cared about the girls that followed me like little lost ducklings trying to be my friend because that cold hard bitch lifestyle seemed idyllic to them.

The truth was, I hated being who i was because that life was lonely and angry and every night i would get so pissed off and sad because i had broken another heart because i was selfish and cruel. Just like my mother.

My mother enjoyed dating men, getting money, then dumping them. Her golddigger lifestyle seemed something i should follow to gain my mother's approval, something i was so desperate for. So I did what she did.