C - My Mum

"Fuck!" Sam cried into her hands, shaking. Kaden had an arm around her, whilst me and Mariah sat awkwardly next to her.

"Sam, i'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" Kaden said softly, the remorse apparent in his voice. it was heartbreaking.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and- i don't know, i just need time alone" Sam said quietly, and scurried to her room with her head down.

"I think i'll try and speak to Dad. pray for me" Kaden attempted a light hearted smile, and walked outside. I gave him a little wave and a smile as he left.

"You know, if he wasn't your girlfriends brother and this wasn't such a shitty situation, i'd be hitting on the Kaden guy by now. He's hot" Mariah joked.

"Come on Mari, you're dating Liam Ross!" I laughed a little.

"Still doesn't take away from his hotness" Mariah smirked. "Why'd you go for Sam instead of him?" She teased.

"Because she's, she's different to anyone else i've met. She's complex and beautiful and the way she looks at the sky, i wish she'd look at me that way, the way she holds me feels like home, i just- i love her" I gushed, sighing a little.

"awww, how cute! i never thought you'd be such a romantic!" Mariah smiled.

"shut up" I blushed, kinda embarrassed.

"you're adorable. why don't we go out and get her some flowers or something? cheer her up?" Mari suggested.

"Good idea. Thank you for always being there Mari, i appreciate it" I smiled genuinely.

"Don't be soppy, lets go" She laughed, giving me a little smirk and standing up with her bag on one arm. I followed her out of the house, leaving a note on the little yellow pad of post-it's Miss Baker always left by the door.

We walked into a high street in town. Living in a seaside town meant that high streets with little gift and flower shops were everywhere, and were a great place to buy cute, cheesy gifts.

The town we lived in was the kind of town where you'd see cute couples and babies and smiling families, but you'd also see chavvy teenagers in adidas tracksuits smoking by the off-license. The type of people we saw in the row of shops we were walking through were the second type, and i recognised one of them.

Elizabeth Garret, or Elli to her friends, was leaning against a wall smoking with a group of boys. She was 'a popular' like me, but only because she was a nasty bully. She shouted out to me. "Hey, C!"

"Hi Elli" I gave her my usual fake smile and a little wave. Mariah, a little annoyed she wasn't greeted, looked up at Elli without smiling.

"Dude, i saw you with George's ex coming out of Costa, she was all crying and shit, what happened?" Elli asked, taking a short drag from her cigarette mid-sentence, breathing out the smoke in Mariah's direction. Mariah coughed elaborately to express her disgust.

"None of your business, and by the way, her name's Sam" I turned on my usual bitchy behaviour, crossing my arms.

"She's cute, you know" Elli let out a small laugh as she took a drag of her cigarette. One of her friends sniggered.

"I know" I retaliated, looking unimpressed.

"Ooh, miss Cara Lake, serial fuckgirl, is turning gay?" Elli laughed. "Seriously tho, give her my snapchat yeah? I heard she's gay, got caught fucking around with Nova Lee a few weeks ago" She smirked.

"Fuck off Elli" I snapped, feeling my face turn red. Elli just laughed at me. Let's go" I turned to Mariah, who nodded and led the way towards the nicer part of town with the cuter gift shops.