i love you

here's some cute shit to make you happy after the last story lmao enjoy!

word count: 576

today is will and mike's 1 month anniversary. earlier today, mike took will on a date at a diner, walked hand and hand at a local park and now they're cuddling in mike's basement watching a movie.

will's head was leaned into mike's chest, his arms hugging the tall boy while his eyes were glued onto the tv. with one hand, mike was playing with will's bowl cut, which will absolutely adored. and with his free arm, it snaked its way around the fragile boy's body. the love birds' legs were a tangled mess and they felt complete.

as the credits rolled, out of no where, mike kissed will's forehead, causing the smaller boy to giggle. mike has always enjoyed will's giggles. it was honestly music to his ears. he could hear it for hours and still be in a trance.

still giggling, will smirked, "what was that for?"
"can't I just show my love to my beautiful boyfriend out of no where?"
"wow you're such a dork, wheeler."
"but I'm your dork," mike said, ending with a wink.
will rolled his eyes at his reply, "pshhhh whatever, mike."
as the soft boy said his response, he snuggled deeper into his boyfriend's chest saying " but I love you."
mike froze in the same position with shock. they have been together for the past month but he has never actually said the three words that mean so much. it felt good but it was such a shocker. mike knew will loved him but he never actually said it out loud like that before. the more he thought about it the more softer he got. right now, he's as soft as a pillow. eventually in the silence, he teared up. not tears of sadness but tears of joy. the boy he adored loved him back.

will started to notice how shocked his boyfriend looked and swore he even saw him tearing up. "mike, is something wrong? did I say something?"
"oh, no, it's nothing. it's just . . . during the past month you never said 'i love you' before and it shocked me but it made me so happy. so happy that you loved me back. i knew you loved me but saying out loud makes a huge difference and has a lot of meaning. i don't know. maybe i'm overreacting and being cheesy about this but i love you too."

mike smiled at will after mike said his little confession. the tears that were held in his eyes escaped onto his cheeks and later falling on his jawline. will looked shocked and surprised but was just as happy as he was. will saw the tears coming from his boyfriend's face and wiped it for him, leaning in for a big hug. they both squeezed each other tight and the hug lasted for a while. will, after breaking it, pecked mike's lips. but that wasn't enough for mike so he leaned in for more. the kiss was slow and gentle but passionate. it was short too but they didn't mind. they were just happy to be together. together in the wheeler's basement, cuddling. they were happy to be in each other's presence, knowing the the other one loved them too.

a/n: this one is a lot shorter but pretty cute :) if y'all have any requests for a oneshot, please leave a comment!