Chapter - 12

A/N - No editing is done. My net is surely going to end tonight. So I had to post because my exams are coming and I will not recharge soon. So here it is. Any editing flaws? Ignore it. I will come back and edit that. Now go on and give it a go.

*************

His stomach was churning.

.

Exactly that was what Niall was feeling. Those muscles around his belly were throbbing with pain. The metallic taste of blood in his mouth was making him nauseous. His eyes were watering and he wanted to curl in on himself. He coughed, blood coming out of his mouth.

"Niall, look at me. Please, Niall," someone was begging almost. Niall looked up to see, he was sitting on Liam's lap as the brown-eyed boy wiped his mouth. Niall noticed those teardrops falling from those puppy like eyes. Was that man-child crying?

Niall coughed again and this time Liam cupped his face, wiping away the blood with his own T-shirt. Niall watched as Liam's white shirt got drenched with his blood. He nuzzled closer to that warm chest. Someone was trying to push him down on the bed or something but Niall pushed away from that grip. He liked Liam's shoulder better. It was comforting. The scent.

"Let him clean you up, Niall," Liam spoke, his voice trembling. Niall looked at him with curiosity. Why was Liam crying?

Liam looked back, his eyes filled with tears, "please. Let Zayn check you."

Niall furrowed his brows, his voice was broken when he asked, "why are you..." a cough that came out of him was followed by some more blood, "why are you cr-crying?" he asked anyway.

Liam shook his head, "you are hurt." His eyes were on Niall's exposed belly, where Zayn was pressing down the icepack. Liam missed the way Niall patted his chest, softly, trying to calm him.

"Is it too bad?" Liam asked next. Niall could feel when his arms got tighter around him. The cold touch on his belly was somehow soothing. He did not bother to look at that though. His eyes were fixed on Liam's face. Tear soaked and blood stained on his cheek. Niall tried to reach and wipe it away but his hands were not listening to his orders so he stayed still.

"He will be fine. There are no serious injuries. I think he needs some sleep." Zayn mumbled, his face serious as he inspected Niall.

Liam nodded, his hands pulling Niall closer, "sleep then, babe. I am here."

He tried to lay Niall down on the sofa they were sitting on but Niall pulled him down too.

"Niall?" Liam asked. His shirt in Niall's grip.

Niall looked at him, "it hurts, Liam." His voice sounded pained and Liam wanted to go back and kill Louis. That guy needed to sort his own shit out.

"It will be fine, Niall. Take some rest, babe." Liam said, his right palm spreading over Niall's belly.

Niall felt Liam's hand on his belly, warm and assuring. He looked up at those brown eyes and that blood stain on that left cheek. He wanted to wipe it away. please.

"Stay with me," Niall whispered. His eyes closing slowly. The last thing he remembered was Liam putting his head on Liam's shoulder and pulling him close.

"Give him some painkillers and he will be fine. Just let him sleep for now," Zayn whispered. He took the ice-pack and walked away from the sofa.

Liam took two painkillers out of the bottle Zayn handed him and pushed them slowly into Niall's mouth. He held the glass full of water in front of Niall's lips. Niall whined. It was too much. He wanted to sleep.