Chapter - 13

NOTE - I was going through some writer's block and so this chapter is just my desperate try of getting past that. I edited it as much as I can. I hope I covered everything. If something is still there, I will edit it when I get time. Thank you for waiting. I love you all.

*************

The landline rang loudly through the house, waiting for someone to pick it up. Heavy footsteps were heard as someone descended the staircase.

The call was picked up on the last ring.

"Hello?" the man said, his voice rough from all the tiredness he was feeling.

"Dad," a whispered voice came through the line.

The man rubbed his eyes, finally awake, "Harry? Why are you calling so late? Is everything fine?"

"Yes, dad. As we planned, Louis had agreed to give me a chance and I am sure, we will be able to execute our plan."

Robin smirked down at the tiles, "good work, son. Good work. I think now I need to plan his downfall. I already have someone who is eager to join us in this."

Harry stared at the crowd around the public booth, their plane just landed and he excused himself to go to the washroom but here he was, calling his father, who was waiting for his signal for the next move.

He frowned, "whom are you talking about?"

His father huffed out a laugh, "you don't know her, son. Taylor. Louis' ex-secretary. She has all the important information we need and Perrie is working on his office details. It is a matter of time, Harry. In a month or so, he will be bankrupt and then it will be so easy for me to erase him from this world."

"No!" Harry gripped the receiver close to his ear. No! He shook his head, "no, dad. I don't want him dead. I just..."

Harry did not know why he did this. That day, when Louis left him crying in Louis' bed, Harry was furious and heartbroken. He wanted Louis to pay back so without much thinking, he had called Robin. He planned this trap for Louis. He wanted Louis to feel the pain he put Harry through but this...

Killing him was not something Harry wanted. Louis no longer existing in this world was not something Harry could take.

"Don't kill him, dad. He has a family. I..." the thought of Louis, not breathing or not existing in this world was agonizing. Not ever meeting Louis again or never getting to hear that voice again... Harry knew how much that would affect him. The realization was suddenly drowning onto him. In his mind, in those darkest parts of his heart, he knew this but he always chose to ignore, as if, if he ignored them enough, they would go away. Robin's words felt like a force, which was pushing those feelings at the front of his heart. Where he had to acknowledge them. Those feelings were better left unsupervised but now they were coming at the front of Harry's mind. He gripped the receiver tightly in his hand.

He cared.

He cared about Louis.

After all this drama Louis put him through, he cared.

Harry just wanted Robin to teach Louis a lesson. He did not know why this was a good idea at that moment of vulnerability. At that moment, Harry was not thinking. He wanted to show Louis that he was not powerless. He could harm Louis if he wanted. But now? Now he was not sure who was at the gunpoint. Louis? Or Harry's feelings for him. Harry felt like trapped right now. He could not back out but he did not know what Robin was planning. He did not know if Niall knew the whole plan or not. He was sure Niall did not. Niall would never agree to kill someone. No. Harry had that trust in his brother.