The District 12 Tribute...

My name echoed in my head. To hear it being said by Janny, it was death. John looked at me, so much worry in his eyes.

"No, not me..." I whispered to him.

"I'm so sorry Keira..." John whispered back tears in his eyes. Everyone around was on the brink of tears. It was like this every year. But this year all the pokèmon where in tears. Spark, always went around the district and knows every pokèmon. Everyone around me places there hand on my shoulder and whispered farewell messages. But what was more heartbreaking was a small girl in the 12 year old section. Her name Rosie her pokèmon Sparky a small Pichu was actually Sparks child. So she was in fits of tears. She ran over to me, and grabbed onto me. Crying, Sparky cried looking into his dads eyes.

"Rosie I will be fine" I said. And we where pulled apart by peacekeepers. Everyone was silent. But John stopped it.

"Come one Keira! You're coming home!" He said,

"Yeah, You better come back!" Joe followed till the whole district was cheering for me. And I knew every face and could place a name to each face. There is only about 250 people in our district. So each reaping day was upsetting. But John started something new. He was not even my best friend. I had no real close friends. I spoke to everyone. But to think that the district caused this. It was uplifting yet heartbreaking.

"Thank you. Me and Spark will try our best" I said,

"What a brilliant display of friendship" Janny said tears actually forming in her eyes.

"Well lets choose a brave young man shall we!" Janny said placing her hand in the bowl. Pulling out only one name this time

"Kellen Cresent" She said, and just like me everyone was sympathetic towards Kellen. And everyone was cheering for him. You see like me Kellen is also well known. His Jigglypuff Puff-Puff has on many occasions used its move sing. A bit to loud and the whole district has fallen asleep! Me and Kellen are good friends. I was there when he got Puff-Puff. We where dancing in the rain, only about 6 and we found Puff-Puff alone. Kellen cared for him and they have been friends ever since. And then it hit me. I may have to kill Kellen... No, no way. I will not kill him. No matter what! End of story.

Cheers for both me and Kellen, shouts of support. It was a goodbye. But they made it cheerful.

"COME ON KELLEN SHOW EM WHAT YOUR MADE OF!" Shouted Chris a 17 year old boy with a Chatot called Melody. And then Melody repeated.

Chatots are interesting pokèmon they can learn fragments of a sentence. And are a common pokèmon for spies. But here Melody is well known and jokes about a lot.

Tears still where cried as support was shouted. It was unusual even for district 12, there has always been displays of support each year. It never matched the other districts, or be this bug.. But I guess me and Kellen are mini legends. And who knows, that my do a more bigger plaque for us in the town square. Our parents will probably grieve together. Then eventually people will move on. Kellen and I will be forgotten. For now, however, we are being broadcasted all over Mewam as well known and it is something the Capitol will love. And I'm sure that will not be a person in the Capitol who won't know are name.

"Wow, amazing! The support for your tributes is outstanding. Unforgettable!" Janny said

"Thank you all, we will try our best" Kellen said, tears forming in his Olive green eyes. But tears are on the verge of falling for me as well. And Spark was crying silently... These Games will kill me, even if I live...