Six

After the police station they went to Kylo's house so he could grab clean clothes. Luckily his parents were at work so he didn't run into them. Kylo threw several changes of clothes into a duffel bag for the future. They walked hand in hand back to Rey's house. When they got back Kylo went to shower while Rey made lunch for them. She began to sing to herself quietly as she made the grilled cheese sandwiches. Kylo stood in the doorway once again watching her. He had a pair of sweats on and that was it. His hair was still wet and dripping slightly. Rey turned to bring the plates to the table when she saw him. She nearly dropped the plates at the sight of Kylo's chest. Kylo chuckled at her reaction and how red her face got when she realized he knew she was staring at him.

"How are you feeling?" Rey ask her eyes on the bruises.

"Better but still sore." Kylo replies.

Rey nods and hands him his plate.

"After lunch do you want to work on the project a bit?" Rey suggests.

Kylo nods. When they finished eating, they did the dishes. Since their research about Jane Austen was done all they had to do was write the essay and make the presentation. Rey figured they could make a rough draft today.

"I think the beginning of the essay should be about Jane Austen herself and then end with why she is famous." Rey suggests.

"Sounds good. I'll do the beginning since I did the research on her life." Kylo replies.

Rey passes the paper to him and faces the notes towards him. Rey sat on the couch behind him while he sat with his back against the bottom of the couch. He pulled the coffee table closer to him. Rey played with the ends of his now dry hair. His hair had dried into loose waves. Kylo leaned his head back while she played with his hair. When it was Rey's turn the switch places. Rey finished her part in about an hour and a half. She moved herself back onto the couch. Kylo wrapped his arm around her. She cuddled into his side.

*monday morning

Kylo had gone home Sunday night because he had stayed at Rey's all weekend. His parents didn't even notice the long pink scar that ran down his face. He told Rey he would be at her house in the morning waiting for her. Rey did her normal routine of showering and getting dressed. She wore a cream lace tank top, a cream cardigan, a light wash pair of ripped jeans, and a pair of tan ankle boots. She left her hair in their natural wave. When Kylo picked her up he was shocked. The Rey he knew didn't wear heels.

"You look beautiful, Rey." He whispers in her ear.

He felt her face heat up when he said this. She mumbled a thank you and took his hand. His hand was so much larger than his, it made her feel like she had baby hands. She smiled at their interlocked fingers. When they got to school everyone was staring at them, more specifically Kylo. The new scar gave them reason to stare. Rey rolled her eyes at everyone's behavior. Poe and Finn were nowhere to be seen. That meant they were arrested. Rey smiled brightly.

"What has you so happy today?" Kylo asks.

"They aren't here." She whispers because the teacher entered the room.

Kylo nods and turns towards the board. Halfway through first period the phone rang. The teacher answered and then looked to the back of the class at Kylo and Rey.

"Ben Solo and Rey to the main office. Grab your things." The teacher says.

The class erupts into chatter. Kylo and Rey grab their things and walk to the office together.

"I wonder why we were called down." Rey says.

Kylo shrugs. The office was busy when they walked in. Kylo goes to the front desk and tells the lady that they were called down. They were sent to the principal's office at the back of the office. Kylo held Rey's hand as they waited for the principal to come in. Her leg bounced as they waited.

"Poe and Finn will no longer be attending Stars Academy." He says.

"Okay?" Kylo answers unsure.

"The police department has asked me to ask you if you wish to have a restraining order made against them when they get out of jail." The principal says.

Kylo looks at Rey who nods. Kylo tells the principal that he would like a restraining order. The principal dismisses them.

"Weird." Rey says when they leave.

"I know." Kylo replies.

When they got to english the teacher came around to check everyone's progress. The teacher praised Rey and Kylo for being ahead. Rey and Kylo edited their rough draft so when they went to Kylo's house to type it, it would be ready. Kylo didn't want Rey around his parents for too long. Kylo dragged Rey up to his room before his mother could here the door open. They took turns typing out the essay.

"Kylo, since we are done do you want to go out and get ice cream?" Rey asked.

He looks at the watch on his wrist and nods. Rey grabs her bag and they leave. They were able to get in and out of the house without his parents finding them. They walked hand in hand to ice cream shop that was around the corner. When they walked in some of the customers and workers stared at Kylo. Rey rolled her eyes. They didn't have to stare all the time.

"Welcome to Scoops. What can I get you?" The young man asked.

"Two scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough on a cone." Rey orders.

"Two scoops of chocolate on a cone." Kylo orders.

The young man types it into the computer and then tells them the total. Before Rey could even take the cash out Kylo had already paid for it. She gives him a little glare. He just smiles at her and then hands her, her ice cream. He laughed at how quickly her face changed.