Invasion to Negotiation

Dindraine

So turned out, I was right. There was something behind Division Five, I was sure it was something he thought was unnecessary since I didn't emit any Spirit Particles. But after asking, I was sure Division Five had some sort of secret.

"What I told you about Division Five is true." Ragnor started, but it was obvious there was something else. "But that's not the entire thing about Division Five."

I kept a straight face, while I examined Ragnor's features. His face was tense, and he looked down to the ground, keeping his eyes in the same position as we walked. His body leaned forward a little. Well, he's not lying, that's for sure. I thought absentmindedly. Half of my conscious was completely focused on the truth of Five. There's a possibility they're all Demons... But that wouldn't make sense, only about eighty should be left, and I don't sense any except for Ragnor... Maybe it's that their Abilities have something to do with destruction, maybe they can crush things easily... No, that mist wasn't Magik, it was an Ability. Then what could be so bad that he'd have to keep quiet about it... I racked my brain for possibilities, but they were proven impossible after a second. Another thing I don't like about myself, I prove things impossible a second after I think of a possibility. So it's real hard to come to a conclusion... Unless I'm lucky.

"Gaaaah!!" I ruffled my short locks in frustration. Ragnor's eyes widened and his head whipped to my direction.

"What's wrong?" he asked, genuinely worried if I was going crazy or something.

"It's nothing." I replied, waving my hand, trying to dismiss the little occurrence. "Anyway, what's the truth?"

"Division Five's nickname," Ragnor said, "you don't know it, do you?"

I shook my head slowly.

"The Fallen." he said gloomily.

"Why?" I knew it was bad to pry, but my curiosity welled up at once.

"All of us are from some sort of noble family or royalty." he said sadly. "I guess you could say we're the same as you, we didn't like the people ruling."

"'The Fallen' sounds so cool though." I said, ignoring the atmosphere. Ragnor looked at me like I've finally lost it. I grinned and said, "I like it."

He started chuckling softly. "Man, now I feel stupid for thinking it was a bad idea to tell you."

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" I was still confused about that.

"Maybe you wouldn't want to be in Division Five." he said, he was calm now. "But I guess I didn't want any of the other Divisions to have you."

I grunted, I wouldn't want to serve under those crappy Praetors anyway. I thought grouchily. And when I least expected it, the bells rang, but this time, more rushed and they rang at a different note.

"A warning..." Ragnor muttered so quietly, I barely heard him, but he definitely said 'a warning'.

"What was that. I know it wasn't for food." I said seriously. "You can't fool me." I added.

"It means, we're getting attacked." he answered.

Ragnor ran towards another building, right next to the Arena. I thought it was a storage building, probably for food, so what would be in there? Turned out, I was wrong, not completely, I was right about the storage room bit, but it was for weapons.

"An armory..." I muttered as we entered the building. There was whole array of battle axes, short swords, broadswords, lances, rapiers, daggers, longswords, everything I knew.