Drags and Pains

Dindraine

So it turns out, there's one guy in the army who's not with the others. Cool. So how am I gonna use this information? No clue. But who cares until they need to actually think about it? I left this matter aside, and focused on the present.

"So," I started with a slight huff, "do you wanna try deciphering this goddamn old thing?"

"Let's take a look at what it's like, then we'll decide." Ragnor suggested with some exasperation. I chuckled, amusement overwhelmed me. Ragnor's the most amusing person I know. I obediently listened to Ragnor's suggestion, and flipped the ciphered page. Not to our surprise, it was in the unknown language we needed to know. Pell and I whistled. I was pretty sure Pell was thinking the same thing as I was, Man, I would never do something half as elaborate as this. First create a different version of the alphabet, and then write it all down... For around thousand pages.

Curiously, I looked through the next page, and realized it was in the same code as the first page. U aglkk fucw tiy ibw xkyw. Rgw duear qies ua Tiye. I skimmed through what I had gotten before, and decided it definitely said 'I shall give you one clue. The first is Your.' It must mean this first word on the next page is 'Your'. I smirked gleefully, Interesting.

"Will you please stop grinning like a crazy maniac who's found a way to take over the world by killing everyone with a disease?" Ragnor groaned. I raised a brow at him skeptically. He assured, "You really look like as though you're gonna do that."

"Whatever." I waved my hand to dismiss the matter. "Anyway, I've got that the first word's Your..."

Before I could continue, I heard the door of the library swing open. Sudden footsteps started to get closer and closer, till a figure stood behind us. I saw Ragnor's face go slightly pale and his face was tight.

"Ragnor." a voice from the figure growled his name, and surprisingly, it was a girl's voice. Probably. "The Hell do you think you were doin', huh?!" She, probably a she, came stomping up to him and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"Don't kill me..." he whispered. Once I got a glance of her face, I realized who she was.

"You're Nephthys Kalma..." I mumbled with wide eyes.

"Huh?" she turned to look at me. "Oh, if it isn't Din plus the others. Who would've thought we'd meet again."

"So you're saying she's fought you guys before, in a war?" Ragnor confirmed with us. The four of us nodded in unison.

"I'm surprised to see you up and alive, Kalma." Ibliss said with an unimpressed face. "I was sure you'd die from blood loss after I stabbed you."

"Honestly me too." Kalma said lightly. "I guess I was lucky."

She's a tall lady, around in her early thirties, with tame blond locks that draped behind her back. Right now, she sat with her arm draped along the back of the chair and she wasn't sitting straight, she usually doesn't stand straight either, so she doesn't look tall at first glance, but she was well over 5 feet 8.

"If it were pure luck, you'd be half paralyzed." I grumbled. "Anyway, why's she here? I thought there're no girls here."

"She's not affiliated with us," Ragnor explained, "but she's part of the Medicus Group, which we have ties with."

Healers Group. So I'm guessing she heals people. I thought inattentively.

"That's not possible." Skirnir said, his brow was furrowed. "You... You've got no Spirit Particles."