Mythical Beasts Kill Anything... But Otherwise, They're Cool

Ragnor

I knew that I was good at reading people, but I didn't think I would be able to read a person I just met. But I guess Dindraine was a little easier to read than most, she let her emotions out. Then again, she's also real good at hiding them. I grunted, dilemmas and paradoxes were things I very much disliked. Boy, this is gonna be one Hell of a pain. I grumbled internally. But in the end, I just grinned at her.

"So," I started a conversation, "what do you think we should be doing for now?"

Dindraine put her hand to her chin, thinking. Then she suggested, "First, we should get your men back on their feet. Kalma, you're a healer, no? So-"

"Shouldn't I be helping out?" she finished, "We finished the moment I started coming over."

"That's quick." I heard Skirnir mutter. "So what now, Din?"

"Get weapons." she answered without a moment's hesitation. "The four of us are completely unarmed. Of course, I have the option of summoning stuff, but that get's a little tiring."

"So you're basically telling me lead the way." I noted dryly. She smirked happily, she looked like she was having a lot of fun.

We walked through the bloody path with very little care, I was used to blood and I expected the others were too. I saw Dindraine, walking next to me, look sideways towards a man. With no notice, she moved towards him. Calmly, she placed a hand to his neck, probably checking for his pulse. Suddenly, the man's eyes fluttered open. I blinked without meaning to and realized this man was back on his feet.

"Don't tell me you just..." Kalma stammered.

"Brought him back to life?" Pellanor asked, "Of course not. No matter what, it's impossible to defy the laws of nature... Although Din might do that one day."

"Hey, stop making me seem like some sort of monster that defies logic." she complained.

"You are." the rest of us insisted. As a response, she crossed her arms and grunted.

We finally finished our walk to the armory, and when we got there, the three newcomers looked at it with disbelief. They have the exact same expression on their faces as Dindraine did. I thought dryly.

"Just pick anyone you want, except for that one." I pointed to Durendal, where it sat in its sheath. Pellanor went up to it, curious but careful. He observed, "This is Durendal, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I'm surprised you know it." I commented.

"Aurelius told me about it." he explained.

"He did?" Dindraine asked, "When?"

"He only told me because I asked about legendary swords' existences." he ranted, "While he was at it, he told me never to touch Durendal. Apparently, it only allows a select few to touch it, right?"

"Yeah," I started, "I got that from personal experience."

"You've held it?" Dindraine questioned. To answer I just said, "I used to be its owner."

"Why aren't you now?" she pressed.

"I decided not to use it."

"Can I have it, and the staff?"

I shrugged in response, I didn't see any problem with Dindraine having it. She smiled softly and started wandering around the relatively large armory. Probably gonna try and find some good quality stuff. I thought, reading Dindraine's behavior easily.

"She can hold it?" Skirnir asked, once he thought Dindraine was out of earshot.

"Huh?" I asked, "Yeah, she accidentally held it just before we went to the battlefield. Turned out, she's part of the select few."