late back home

All day Isaac and Laughing Jack had tons of fun and Isaac tried some sweets he got from Jack he felt tingly as it was his first time eating sweets and thanks to a certain not so imagery friend Isaac was able to finish his homework and play outside.
Isaac and Jack both told ghost stories and Isaac asked Jack if he was a ghost but Jack explained that he was more of a cosmic entity.

~time skip to 3 months later ~

It was a nice warm, sunny day outside and Isaac and Jack played outside in the park and both went on the climbing frame, playing tag "hey Isaac? I'm coming to get you" Jack said in a singsong tone and when he saw Isaac he extended out his long arms, grabbed Isaac, and pulled him towards himself "gotcha" Jack said as he held Isaac in a tight hug.
Isaac checked his watch "OH NO! IT'S WAY PAST MY DINNER TIME!" And with that Jack popped Isaac on his shoulders and sped back to Isaac's house.
When they got back Jack sat in Isaac's room and after the shrill voice of Isaac's mum a teary eyed Isaac came in and sat next to Jack on the bed "well?" Jack asked "mum said that I have to go to boarding school tomorrow" Isaac said sadly with a lump in his throat. "aw...I'm sorry kiddo" Jack pulled Isaac into the tightest, most comforting hug he could manage.
After putting his pyjamas on Isaac got into bed and Jack tucked him in and ruffled Isaac's hair "goodnight kiddo" Isaac smiled "goodnight Jack" then steam surrounded Jack and he disappeared back inside the little box while Isaac cried himself to sleep.