Chapter 1

KYLO REN:

I hear a loud knock on my door breaking the silence. If it's another one of Hux's minions coming to bother me I'm going to put them in the infirmary...

"Supreme Leader...Supreme leader Kylo Ren? " A infuriating, almost British accent interrupts my self pity party. So it's Hux himself this time.

"In case you've completely forgotten your duties, I've come to remind you that we've been spending the past weeks waiting for your approval on the-"

I shove open the door, glowering at that A-hole who thinks of himself as a general. He takes a step back. Then he smirks when he sees what I'm holding. My ruined helmet.

"Still a child in a mask, eh?" , he smirks. It's a sickening kind of smirk, one laced with obvious distaste and barely hidden hatred. I hate Hux. I hate him so freaking much. Furious, I throw the broken mask at him. But my aim is off. Growling, I retrieve the mask from the floor and toss it into my room before facing Hux. He seems to be enjoying my annoyance.

"What is it?", I ask

"We've been waiting for almost a week on your approval on the-"

"Good God Hux, if you just wanted my approval on some little project or something you could've just sent a stormtrooper or someone and-"

Hux rudely cuts me off, "Well I would've sent a stormtrooper except that all the stormtroopers I sent over ended up in the infirmary."

"So that's why all those stormtroopers came by..."

Hux mutters under his breath. "You are the face of the first order. At the very least you should attend your own meetings."

I send him my surliest scowl but he doesn't back down. Instead he says, "The meeting is on the 85th floor." Then he stalks off in a wave of disdain and dust.

REY:

I hear a loud knock on my door breaking the silence. It's probably Finn or Poe coming to get me to talk. I haven't spoken that much since we got to our new base. No reason to. Still...

"Come in." I say, and Finn comes in.

"Rey," he says gingerly, "Are you ok?"

I should've expected this. Quickly faking a forced smile I nod and reply, "I'm good, seriously though why are you guys all so worried about me?"

Finn just rolls his eyes. "Why are we worried about you...hmm, maybe because," he pauses and looks me straight in the eye, "Maybe because you've barely spoken to anyone since we got here.", he gives me a accusing look. I sigh.

"Rey, you can't just keep isolating yourself!" Exclaims Finn while pulls his through hair.

I scoff, "I am not isolating myself!"

Finn looks mad,"Yes you are Rey. And it's not healthy. Everyone is worried about you!"

"It's not like I want people to worry about me!" I'm starting to get frustrated with Finn.

"Well to bad. You are worrying everyone, and you need to stop blocking everybody out. You-"

I cut him off, "Excuse me Finn, but I'm pretty sure that I know what need."

Finn frowns. In response I send him my surliest scowl but he doesn't back down. Instead he says, "Leia wants you to start training the new recruits in combat." Then he stalks off in a wave of annoyance and frustration.