Chapter 5

KYLO REN:

I feel like each time we see each other through the Force bond the more hatred we feel for each other, honestly, the scavenger is so annoying.

Not Rey.

The scavenger.

She is a scavenger while I am a monster.

Somethings never change.

I think back to the last time we saw each other. It didn't end very well.

"Ren!", Hux's nasal reminds me that I'm still stuck at one of his dumb meetings.

"WHAT IS IT HUX YOU KRIFFING IDIOT?" I roar.

Hux rolls his eyes and says, "We are in the middle of meeting and-"

I cut him off by yelling, "THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION." and storm out of the meeting. Stupid dumb meeting. Ugh. All we ever do is argue at those infernal things anyway. There is honestly no point to those meetings except for Hux to berate me in front of an audience, the pretentious prick. I'm almost at my chambers when she pops up again. She looks tired and depressed. I suppose that's a good thing for me in a way. Still, I can't help but wonder why she looks like such a mess.

Before I can even think, her name comes out of my mouth, "Rey?" I ask, annoyed at my voice for sounding so timid. She sniffs in response and proceeds to ignore me. I scowl and wait for the bond to break.

It doesn't. Rey looks up in annoyance, "Can't you go away?" she asks.

My scowl deepen, "I'm just as stuck as you are...scavenger."

That sets her off.

"That is it you pathetic coward!" she jumps up as she yells, "I am done with your dumb mind games and this stupid bond created by your evil ex master! Do you hear me? I am DONE."

But if it was Snoke who created the bond, then it should've died with him...right? Her loud thoughts echo through my head. She's right though, Snoke died months ago.

But why is the bond still here? A Force bond dies when the one who created it dies...doesn't it?

Rey's eyes widen. I can tell that she's thinking the same thing. Then she violently shakes her head, and fades away with the Force.