Chapter 4

REY:

It was the early afternoon when I 'saw' him again. I was on my way to the training center when it happened. He was just standing there like a lost child, staring out into the distance. His eyes almost seem hollow.

"Hey..." I start. He jumps in surprise when he hears me.

"Rey." He breathes. His voice sounds so emotionless. It's scary, scarier then when his voice is filled with rage or hate. Scarier than even when his voice is filled with that sadness that makes you want cry. I shake my head. It's almost like I feel worried for him, which I most certainly do not.

His lip twitches. "You feel worried for me."

Well if I ever did, I certainly don't anymore. "Get out of my head you filthy creature."

"Don't be mad. It's not like I uncovered anything about where you rebel scum are."

I breathe a sigh of relief; at least he doesn't know where our new base is. "And you never will figure out where our base is."

He scowls, "If I truly wanted to, I could pull it out of your mind right now."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Okay then." He reaches out and all of a sudden my mind feels like a rubber band about to split.

"STOP IT! GET OUT!!" I scream but he doesn't listen. Finally, he stops frowning. Then he disappears.

"That idiot..." I trail off as I realize I'm late to training. Shizzlebiscuits. I break into a sprint and dash off towards the training center. Once I arrive, Ion and all the other new recruits are staring at me. "Oh come on, I wasn't that late was I?" I ask.

Ion frowns but says nothing. I sigh. Silence follows. Then Poe walks into the room.

"Not to be a party pooper or anything but aren't you guys supposed to be training...?" He says in a slightly confused voice.

"Huh? Oh, I just got here I mean I was late which is to say I mean, er...well, you know." I trailoff expecting him to remind her about how important her role as a trainer was. Instead he snorted and said, "Eh, happens to everyone. Anyway, do you know where Finn is?"

"Finn? Last I saw him he was with Rose I think..." I trail off as Poe's eyebrows seem to knit together.

"Oh...I...see you Rey!" Poe takes off and runs out the training room door. I sigh and turn back towards the new recruits. "Um so for today let's all head over to the shooting targets..."