t w o

ocean's pov

it was the end of the day and honestly for the first time in forever i was ready to get 'home'. i quickly grabbed my book bag out my locker and walked out the school with island sleep in my arms. 

i walked on the sidewalk on the way to a abandoned house that i usually sleep next too. also where my clothes are.

before i arrived at the abandoned house i saw this diner called steak & shake. i haven't seen before. i walked across the street to where the diner is positioned. i walked inside and honestly it was nice, it was like a 70's vibe. it had checker floor and the seat were red. i wanted to eat here but i have no money

but i went and sat down at a booth anyway. i sat there and just looked around. how everybody was with their family and have a great time. i honestly missed that. my family used to always be at home with each other have a great time and tell each other about their day, but i had to get pregnant and ruin everything.

"hi welcome to steak & shake how may i take your order?" i young girl who looked like she was 18 years old and had long dark brown hair said to me.

"sorry i have no money i can't buy anything." i said while looking down and island who was grabbing on my shirt wanting milk, but i have nothing in me.

"well i know you have a baby on your hands so order something."

"but i have no mon-"

"it's on the house." she smiled at me while i returned it. i quickly order a chicken melt with some french fries and a dr.pepper.

while i waited for my food to be cooked i watched as lonzo and his little crew walk in. i immediately prayed that he did not come over to me, but apparently god didn't answer my prayer fast enough because he came over and sat down. 

damn it.