58: Aware

Haeun's dream

Because of the medicine, I felt so drowsy as my lids felt heavy and I couldn't open my eyes properly. I didn't know how much time I had blacked out since my panic attack, but all I knew when I awaked, was someone entered my room just after the nurse walked out.

My mind was burning in curiousity to see the face of that person. Everything was blurred.

I still couldn't open my eyes but the next thing that fluttered my heart was the voice that I truly recognized. It was Wonwoo's deep voice.

"You know, Haeun... I'm glad that you appeared in my life.," He clasped my hand tighter. "Please keep our promise, stay with me until forever..."

He continued to talk but strangely I couldn't remember that part as if it has been deleted from my memory box. Everything blurred.

"Goodbye, get well soon."He leaned into me slowly and kissed the top of my head before walked away.

------------------------

I unwrapped the oreo flavoured ice cream as Wonwoo walked out from the store towards me with a black plastic bag in his hand. He fixed his mask on his face and pulled it down a little. It looked so tempting somehow.

I was so curious to see his whole face.

We started to walk again as we intended to chill by the Hangang park. There was an awkward silence between us as we were just strolling around, not knowing what to say while I was enjoying the ice cream alone.

"How have you been? I heard from Hoshi that you're doing better." Wonwoo broke the silence, as we reached Hangang and sat at the stairs.

While I sat beside him, finishing the last bite of my ice cream deliciously. I licked my lips clean before turning to Wonwoo.

"I guess so, Wonwoo.." I sighed.

"I just realized that there's a lot more to be appreciated around me, and learn the difference between who to let go and who to be patient with, " I told him, but my eyes focused on the night city view in front of me.

"I'm so relieved, Haeun." He mumbled under his breath.

"You did a good choice, your father is someone who doesn't worth your tears. You had enough with him so it's the best to let that hatred go. Even he doesn't deserve an apology though," He added and I pursed my lips at him.

"Tch, what do you know about my father to say that.."

"I know just how hard you think and worry before you make decision. I'm always on your side. Feeling the happiness, socializing, and your future life, it won't be easy. But I'll root for you, stay with you."

Upon hearing his reply, I felt my body relaxed in huge relief. It sent me a shiver down through my spine as he sounded so genuine as if he deeply understand me. But because I was speechless of his words, I took my time to process his words. There was a pause before I let out a mocking chuckle.

"Mwoya, didn't know that you'll get overreacted too like uncle Jaehun, " I commented, glancing at him with an amusemed gaze.

"It's purely because we care about you, Haeun. " He looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"But anyway, aren't you suppose to be at training centre? As far as I knew, no one is allowed to go in and out the dorm freely." I pointed out, raising my brows at him.