0 5 | c o n f e s s i o n s

How He Fell has made it to the second stage of voting for the Readers Choice Awards. Please please please go vote for the book and show some love! I beg you!

Song of the chapter: Countdowns by Sleeping at Last

☙❦❧

MADDOX turned to boxing so he could let off steam.

And the matches were even better.

The crowd screamed. Everyone was wild. The cheers were encouraging. He felt all the energy from the crowd radiate onto him. He felt alive. Walking into the ring, the screams for 'Mad Max' were even louder. They loved him. No one knew who was under the bandana that covered his mouth and nose.

His eyes were all they saw.

Maddox gave a once-over to the guy who looked way too confident for his own good. He'd be disappointed once Maddox beat him unconscious.

Circling around the ring for a few seconds, as if testing each other, the opposition's name was introduced.

Dementor.

The reason he was called Dementor? The guy had been in so many fights and received his fair share of punches, his face happened to be demented. And the play on words favored him.

Waiting to see who would make the first move, they simply watched each other until eventually 'Dementor' made the first move.

Rookie mistake. If you know you're better at defense, then defend. Don't play offense.

It was Maddox's favorite trick. Hold back long enough to make the opponent think that Maddox wasn't good at playing offense.

Then let the game sway towards Maddox's favor.

Blocking the punch, Maddox immediately retaliated with a round-house kick towards the opponent's jaw. Not backing down, Maddox punched the guy in the gut, winding him. Watching as the opponent staggered back trying to catch his breath, Maddox punched him in the face as they both fell down with Maddox on top.

Maddox was raging. All he saw was red. So making sure the opponent wouldn't get even a single hit, Maddox punched him repeatedly until the guy was unconscious.

Soon, the M.C's daunting words named Maddox the winner. Breathing heavily with his eyes on the crowd's craziness, he threw his hands up showing his confidence.

The roars of the crowd became louder and the noise was deafening.

Collecting his money from the bets won, Maddox left to go back to his changing room.

It was close to 12am by the time Maddox packed up his stuff and left. The light breeze made him shudder as tiny water droplets dripped from his wet hair.