0.2

*Random person I just picked as Peyton.*

Peyton

My mind was clouded by my thoughts from the night before as I traveled down the lift to the lobby floor.

Had I really checked him out that thoroughly? Had he seen me doing it?

I shook my head, walking through the half-open doors, and smiled politely at the receptionist. She cast me a friendly glance, while I walked out of the building.

As the cold air hit my face, I instantly hugged my hoodie closer to me. I flipped up the hood, hoping to keep some of my face warmer.

I slowly walked along the sidewalk, shivering when a gust of wind blew in my face. I only needed to walk a few more minutes and then I will be in the warmth of the library.

I groaned loudly, reminding myself that I have to organize the books this week. I wrapped my arms tighter around myself, picking up my walk as the building came into view.

I walked through the doors, the smell of fresh paper, books, and warmth flooded my nose. I rubbed my hands together, continuing to walk over to the cart of books needing to be put back.

I pushed the cart, picking up the paper that was laying down on top of the stack of books.

Peyton,

I will not be coming in today, please inform everyone that works. There is coffee in the back for everyone as well.

It was a note from my boss, as I read it again. She hasn't been coming in lately, and I wish she did. She would monitor the workers, which saved time because the workers didn't have to do that themselves.

I ignored the slight anger bubbling within me as I walked over to the back room. I smelt coffee already made, as my eyes landed on the pot filled with the beautiful liquid.

I eagerly ran over to it, pouring some into the mug that was waiting to be filled. I mixed in sugar and French vanilla flavored creamer, before bringing it to my lips. I hummed in satisfaction, enjoying the taste and warmth it gave me.

Light laughter was heard while my eyes shot open, realizing that I had them closed. My eyes traveled over to my neighbor, while he casually lounged on the small sofa, sipping from his mug.

I chose to ignore him and just walk out to start the organizing early. The quicker I get done, the quicker I can leave to go relax. I wasn't going to box today, instead, I was planning to surprise Piper with me staying with her tonight.

I sipped from my mug, mentally chanting in my head where each book goes.

--

Three and a half hours later, the cart was now empty, other than my empty mug sitting on top of it.

I grab the glass object, rushing into the back room where I could wash it out. I rinsed it a few times before scrubbing it with soap and rinsing it more times after that. I gently placed it on the drying rack, turning around and shoving my hands into my hoodie pocket.

I fumbled with my fingers, waddling over to the soft sofa that was calling my name. I sat down on it, snuggling into the squishy cushions as I warmed up more.

My eyelids felt heavy, slowly dropping closed. I tried to open them again, but no avail.

--

I jump awake, feeling startled by the hands that were gently shaking my shoulders. My eyes shot open, coming face to face with my neighbor.

"W-what happened?", I stuttered out, from either being sleepy or from the close proximity of our faces. I could smell the musky scent of his cologne, while the scent of coffee lingered on him.

"You fell asleep after you finished working," he informed me while I gave him a deadpanned look.

"I know that," I responded, leaning up as he pulled back from me. "What time is it?"

I didn't wait for his answer, just looked up at the clock just past his head. It was fifteen minutes past five. Had I really slept for over two hours?

I noticed my neighbor talking to me, while I shook my head from spacing out. "Sorry, what?"

"I said, you must've had a long night. You were knocked out," he repeats, his lips curling into a smirk. "You didn't even react to when I kissed you."

"What?!", I blew up, my head snapping toward him. He smiled innocently, instantly laughing at my reaction.

"I'm kidding," he breathes out, lucky to still be breathing. "You should go home, your phone was ringing a few times before."

I timidly nod at him, pulling out my phone from my pocket. There were three missed calls from Piper.

I swiped my thumb across the screen, bringing it up to my ear. I waited for the ringing sound, Piper almost picked up instantly.

"Where are you?!", her voice was louder than expected as I held the phone away from my ear.

"I accidentally fell asleep at the library," I admit, hearing a sigh of relief on the other line. "I'll be on my way home in a minute."

"Don't forget to thank him," she said quickly, ending the call straight after. Of course, she knew how I woke up, I would've stayed there all night if someone didn't see me in here.

I walked out the door, flipping my hood back over my head. I looked around, finally spotting a certain red-haired guy. "I'm going to go now, goodbye."

"Goodbye, what?", he teased, his voice too enthusiastic for my liking. A playful smirk rested on his lips as he poked his head out from around the bookshelf.

I didn't question why he was over there, just stared at him when he asked his question.

"Goodbye," I repeat, going to turn around and leave again.

"Goodbye to who?", he presses more, gathering his jacket in his hand and his phone in the other. He waltzed over to me, standing two feet in front of me.

"Goodbye," I slowly drawl out, wanting to slap him away as he playfully leaned forward, not wanting to miss my next word. "Jimin."