1.3

Peyton

Was it bad that I was hiding from RaeRae and Jimin in the library today?

I didn't want Rae to see my hands and immediately assume the worst. Jimin knew I was here, just didn't know where I was.

Rae squeals from Jimin's fingers tickling her sides while she twists and turns to get away from him. He chuckles at her, practically forgetting that the same girl was sitting next to him.

He stops his movements, eyes drifting to the desk since the phone was ringing. He looked down at Rae, patting her little head. "I'll be back in a second."

She bobs her head, waiting for him to get a good enough distance away before turning back to the girl. "Why are you stealing Jiminie away from PeyPey?"

The girl smiles down at RaeRae, shaking her head at the question. "I don't steal people, they just choose who is better."

My heart pangs in my chest, hearing her hurtful words. Hearing the words from her, hurt. If it had been somebody else, I would've been fine and brushed it off.

"PeyPey will always be better than you!", RaeRae exclaimed, scooting back farther from the girl who was smirking now. "Jiminie, I want our PeyPey!"

She was being loud for being in a library, and I'm sure people would start to complain. She didn't look at the girl, just watched Jimin looking around for me.

I shrink back, walking down a different aisle and out into the open. "RaeRae?"

She jumped up, turning around and running over to me. She hugged my legs, pointing furiously at the girl sitting on the floor. "She said she was better than you PeyPey."

The girl smirked up at me, knowing well how it would affect me. I put up a sarcastic smile, hugging Rae back. "People only say that when they feel scared."

Rae giggled up at me, grabbing my hand and tugging me away. I looked over my shoulder, waving my hand at the glaring girl behind me.

RaeRae pulled on Jimin's pants, forcing him to turn around. She bounces excitedly on her feet, smiling adorably as he notices her.

"You found her?", he asked, ruffling her hair as he locked his gaze with me. "Hey."

Before I could say anything back, Rae started to spill details. "That girl said that she was better than PeyPey!"

"I'm sure she was only joking," he tried to negotiate with her, but Rae was insistent on getting the girl in trouble with Jimin.

"She smiled like she meant it! She didn't joke, Jiminie!"

He sighed, crouching down her level, holding back a frown at her pouting face. His frown appeared, seeing Rae grab one of my legs as I stood there awkwardly.

"I'm staying with PeyPey," she told him, tightening her grip on me. "I don't wanna be with you and that girl."

He nods his head, standing up and trudging back over to his friend. They both stood up, talking to each other while I forced myself to look away.

I picked RaeRae up, sitting her on the counter of the desk. She crossed her arms, huffing as she watched behind me. "Why would he choose her over you?"

"They like each other," I admit, flinching as her head snapped to look up at me. "They're probably dating now."

"No!", she basically yelled at me, while I tried to quiet her down. "He can't like her! Only you!"