2

It's six o'clock in the morning, and there is no want in Taehyung's body to go anywhere. He would rather stay at home and play some online games or catch up on certain mangas and animes. However, he knows his parents will be furious at him for skipping school. So instead, he gets ready for school. Little by little, Taehyung is cleaned and dressed and then slowly eating breakfast.

When it's time for Taehyung to leave, he grabs his stuff and heads to the front door. He clears his throat. "I'm leaving!" he calls out to his parents. As always, silence is the reply he gets. Taehyung knows they're most likely sleeping, but he hopes that one day his parents will see him off. Sometimes it seems like his parents don't care for him. However, it's more their schedule doesn't allow them to always be there for their son.

It is a long walk to his school from his house. Taehyung walks with his earbuds in and lets his ballad playlist calm him down. He likes letting the music surround him, and the breeze gently flowed past him, making him feel as if he is in a music video. A small smile forms on his face, but as quick as it came, it disappears. He begins to think what it would be like to enjoy this moment with a close friend. A best friend. Both of them smiling, enjoying the comfortable silence.

Taehyung is about to turn the corner, when another boy, most likely his age, on the other side of the street is waving hi to him. Or he assumes the male is waving to him. To be safe, Taehyung glances behind him but sees no one. He turns back, and the boy is already rushing towards him.

When the stranger is in front of him, Taehyung takes in his features. Taehyung is surprised to see that this boy's face is well structured from his forehead to chin. And the little things, like his small flat nose to his plump lips, make him cute. His face is somewhat recognizable, but Taehyung can't seem to remember where he's seen him.

The longer the two stand there without a word said, the stranger loses his smile. "Oi! Don't you know who I am?" the boy roughly calls.

Taehyung is startled by his loud, but steady voice that he stutters his words, "O-Oh, u-um, sorry but no!"

The boy pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs in annoyance. "Seriously this kid!" He looks up at Taehyung since he is shorter in height, and says, "It's Jimin!"

Taehyung's face brightens. "Oh! That's where I have seen you!"

Jimin smiles again. "At least I'm recognizable! Anyway, I didn't know you came this way!"

Taehyung clutches the straps of his book bag, averting his eyes from Jimin's. "Um, yeah."

In return, the shorter male places his face a bit closer to Taehyung's, forcing them to have eye contact. "You really are quiet."

"I'm just trying to get to school!" Taehyung says loudly, moving away.

Jimin doesn't even flinch at Taehyung's loud voice. "Sure, I'll join you."

Taehyung is irritated by this boy. When was he inviting him? However, instead of fighting and being late to school, he walks beside Jimin. The two are quiet, so Taehyung takes the advantage to put back his earbuds. As he is getting lost in the music, Jimin decides to bother him again.

"What are you listening to?" Jimin asks as he grabs one of the earbuds.

"Hey!" Taehyung calls, trying to grab Jimin's hand, but he is already placing it in his ear.

Since Jimin is shorter, Taehyung scoots closer to him. "Hey, you like ballad music too?" Jimin smiles.

"Yeah," Taehyung responds quietly.

In the end, the two of them walk together, sharing the earbuds. This is a moment Taehyung wanted to share with a best friend, but here he is, walking with a classmate. Someone he barely knows. How did he get stuck with him?

༻❁༺

Actually, Taehyung doesn't stay stuck with Jimin for long. Once they arrived at school, Jimin dismissed himself and ran towards his other friends. Taehyung walked to his classroom himself, and once again he is alone. Not like it is a shock.

Taehyung sits in the middle of the classroom. He doesn't like the seat. The feeling of being center of attention isn't his style. He would rather sit in the cornerback. Sighing, Taehyung rests his head in his arms and waits for class to begin.

"Hey Taehyung!" someone across the room yells. He looks up to see Jimin in the doorway, carrying a stack of books. "Can you help me with these?"

Taehyung gives an inaudible response by nodding. Approaching Jimin, he takes a few books out of his hands and into his own. The two of them begin to walk down the hall. "We have to bring these to the history department. I hope you don't mind," Jimin explains.

"I don't mind," Taehyung answers quietly.

"Also, I kind of want to apologize for messaging you so late at night," Jimin apologizes awkwardly.

Taehyung doesn't exactly know how to feel at Jimin's apology. It's not like he is displeased with Jimin messaging. Instead, he decides to change the subject. "You never answered my question last night."

"Question?" Jimin asks, confused.

"How did you get my phone number?" They both turn the corner, heading up a flight of stairs.

Suddenly it seems realization hits Jimin. "Oh, that! It was actually pretty hard. No one had your number. I ended up going to the English teacher and asked her. She knew teachers weren't supposed to hand out such information, but she did. It was surprising you put your number. I thought I had to call your mom or something!"

Jimin chuckles, showing smiley eyes as he smiles, that Taehyung didn't notice before. Instead of asking why he so badly wanted to talk to him, Taehyung could only respond with an "Oh."

As they reach the top of the stairs, they finally make it to the history department. "Ah, if you want, you can leave the books with me," Jimin states.

"Just open the door!" Taehyung directs.

Jimin opens the door, and there is another boy stacking books. As soon as the stranger turns around, Taehyung is silent. The male smiles, but suddenly looks confused when he sees Taehyung. "Jimin, who's that?"

"Oh! This is Taehyung, Kim Taehyung." Jimin turns to Taehyung. "That's Yoongi!"

"Nice to meet you," Taehyung says politely.

Yoongi responds the same, but that is the most they talk. Even as the three boys stack all the books, Taehyung feels out of place. Yoongi and Jimin have their own conversation, while Taehyung simply helps out. It is obvious that the two boys are close. Taehyung can see that they are best friends.

He wonders what it would be like to have the same.

Even though this is a flop story, I'm still updating it :)