5

A few days pass after Jimin and Taehyung hung out, and the boys haven't talked much since then. There is the comfortable hello in the classroom and hallways, but other than that, no other words are said. Since Jimin always has friends around him, Taehyung isn't sure if he can casually go up to him and begin a conversation. He's never been put into a situation like this.

It's lunchtime, and all the students have left for the lunchrooms. While Taehyung has spent lunchtime by himself for the past years, for the first time, he wants someone there, and that someone is Jimin. The only problem is he doesn't know where he went or who is with him.

He's already scanned the lunchroom for him but sadly couldn't find him. So now he is taking comfort in the school's library. He sulks at one of the tables that are furthest away from the exit.

In front of Taehyung, is his phone, which has Jimin's phone number. And Taehyung knows that he could message Jimin to find out where he is, however, the fact he might be a bother stops him from doing so. This is his first potential friend, he doesn't want to be an annoyance.

He at least unlocks his phone and brings up the messages app, and clicks on Jimin's conversation. He lets the keyboard pop up, but that's as far as he gets. The blinking cursor taunts him. It's not hard to type a simple hey, but for Taehyung it's like rocket science.

Taehyung doesn't realize he's wasting time by overthinking the situation. As long as he sent something, it at least means he tried, right? That's good enough? Slamming his head on the table, he can't believe he is about to send the message.

Picking up his phone, he lets his thumbs type out the simplest word. Hello. But he still hesitates over the send button. Counting in his head, he lowers his finger. 1...2...3... And send.

Taehyung stares at his phone in shock then put it face down.

His phone doesn't stay like that for a long time, as his phone begins to ding. He couldn't have answered that fast, thought Taehyung as he reached for his phone. To his surprise, there's Jimin's number with a reply.

Chim Chim

Wow. I've finally received a message from you~
[12:15 PM]

Taehyung

I hope I'm not bothering you.
[12:17 PM ]

Chim Chim

Of course not. Is there something you needed?
[12:17 PM]

Taehyung likes that Jimin doesn't take long to answer his messages. It helps lower his anxiety.

Taehyung

I was wondering if I could join you for lunch.
[12:19 PM]

Chim Chim

Yes! I don't eat in the lunchrooms though. Come up to the roof!
[12:20 PM]

Taehyung

The roof? I thought students weren't allowed up there?
[12:21 PM]

Chim Chim

Don't worry! I will open the door for you. Just knock three times.
[12:21 PM]

Taehyung

See you in a little bit then!
[12:22 PM]

Without any other delay, Taehyung grabs his things and heads up to the roof.

Okay, some of the chapters are going to be short :(
Please don't be mad.