4

The two boys end up going to the nearby Wcdonald's. There is a crowd of students in the place, but thankfully they were able to find a table near the back. Taehyung awkwardly waits for Jimin to come back with their food. It's his first time he is hanging out with someone after school. He usually heads straight home and spends time alone. Now, he's having lunch with someone.

Taehyung bounces his leg, feeling his social anxiety rise. He doesn't know what to talk about with Jimin. Taehyung has no exciting life. What if Jimin ends up hating him?

"Hey, I'm sorry for the wait!" Jimin's voice sounds behind Taehyung, making him jump. "Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." Jimin sits down in front of Taehyung and passes the food to him. "You have no idea how long the line is."

"Yeah," Taehyung whispers, playing with the wrapper of his hamburger.

As quick as lighting, Jimin is already stuffing his face with fries. When he stops, he curiously stares at Taehyung. "Am I making you nervous?" he questions.

Immediately shaking his head, Taehyung's cheeks turn pink with embarrassment. "What makes you ask that?"

Jimin clamps his lips together as he frowns. "Well, you're not eating! And you're blushing!"

Sighing, Taehyung runs his hand through his hair, trying to relax. "Actually, I am kind of nervous."

"Why?"

"It's my first time hanging out with someone," Taehyung honestly responds.

They both sit there sightly for a couple of seconds as if they are both taking in what just happened.  Jimin blinks his eyes a couple of times, still confused. "You're kidding me, right?"

Taehyung can only shake his head. "I'm too quiet. No one ever talks to  me."

"Hey!" Jimin shouts, causing people around them to stare. "I'm talking to you! Don't I count as someone!"

"Yeah, you do," Taehyung says.

After a while, Taehyung is quietly eating his food as Jimin rants about a teacher in his other class. Even though he barely says a word, Jimin doesn't seem to mind. The fact someone is talking to him, makes Taehyung relax. He feels useful.

"-I'm ready to drop out!" Jimin finally exclaims.

"Isn't everyone?" Taehyung jokes.

Jimin smiles as he laughs, in return making Taehyung smile. Suddenly, Jimin's eyes turn wide in surprise. "Oh! You have a cute smile!"

Avoiding eye contact, Taehyung covers his mouth. "I do not. It's weird!"

"Shut up!" Jimin demands. "It's not."

After the boys finished eating and threw away their trash, they continue to stay at the restaurant for a while since Jimin insisted he wanted to talk more. To Taehyung's surprised, he isn't bothered by the request.

"I still want to know more about you," Jimin says while cupping his face in his hands.

"There's nothing to know about me," Taehyung quietly responds.

Taehyung refrains from having eye contact from Jimin. Frowning, Jimin forcefully flicks Taehyung's forehead. "Idiot, of course, there is something about you."

Rubbing the spot he was hit, Taehyung tries to come up with something to say. "I don't know what to say."

Jimin sighs, which makes Taehyung uneasy. Is he already getting annoyed?

"Well, I know you're very quiet and honest just by this small talk. You also like ballad music. There has to be more about you though!" Jimin argues.

"If there is more about me, then I don't know what it is," Taehyung says, lowering his eyes.

"Hey," Jimin calls, grabbing Taehyung's attention. "If you're going to be like that, then I guess we can learn together. Okay?"

There it is again. The huge smile on Jimin's face. Taehyung couldn't help but smile back this time.  "Okay," Taehyung repeats.

Hopefully, Taehyung can keep this act up.

"Hey, give me your phone!" Jimin asks.

Taehyung and Jimin are already on their way home, sharing the earbuds as before, and now Jimin stops walking.

"Why?" Taehyung asks confused.

Jimin stretches his open hand to Taehyung, not even explaining any further. Hesitantly, Taehyung passes his phone over. He watches Jimin scroll through his phone, wondering what he is doing. Then without any other context, Jimin's mouth turns into an O shape, mimicking a shocked face.

"What?" Taehyung asks concerned, trying to look at the screen.

"You didn't even save my number in your contacts," Jimin complains.

Since there was a possible way that Jimin could have been playing with Taehyung, he didn't bother to save the number, expecting it to be a one-time thing.

"Sorry." Taehyung looks away from Jimin.

There is a moment of silence, and the tapping of the keyboard is heard is through the earbuds. Jimin hands back the phone. "There."

There on the screen is Taehyung's contacts list which only includes a few numbers but now has a new name. Chim Chim. Taehyung looks up to see once again a smiling Jimin.

"Make sure you call me sometime!"

He can't help it. "Sure!" Taehyung chimes, and gives the most genuine smile in his life.

I think this is going to be a cheesy ass story. ☺️