|| 1. new girl ||

mark's P.O.V.

monday. the day we all dread. the start of the week after a two day break. for me, its the day i go to school. its now about 6:40 a.m. and have 20 minutes until i have to get my butt out of the door. luckily for me, I'm a guy, so i don't have a high maintenance routine like the snobby girls in my grade. i rolled out of my blankets, revealing the cold air on my skin that makes goosebumps appear on my arms. my hair was messy, different strands going in different directions. i rubbed the heel of my palms into the sockets of my eyes, urging them to wake up, and made my way to the bathroom.

i did the normal stuff. brush, wash, dry. that usually takes only 8 minutes. i went back to the room, checking the time: 6:50. crap. i have 10 minutes. i quickly put on my dirty yellow colored  uniformed blazer, and black joggers. i checked out myself in the mirror, I'm not high maintenance, but i do wanna look presentable. i ran down stairs to the kitchen searching for a granola bar and an orange juice out of the cabinet, breakfast is the most important meal of the day they say. my phone buzzed in my back pocket, its from haechan.

haechan: I'm outside.

my ride is here and thats my cue to leave. i grabbed my backpack, put on some random sneakers, then locked the door. haechan was sitting in the back seat with his dad smiling at me as i entered the car.

"thank you for giving me a ride, my parents had to go to work early." i told haechan's dad.

he nodded and said "you're welcome."

haechan seemed so happy, wayyyy more than usual. his hands were shaking, his body was lightly bouncing, and he had the biggest smile plastered onto his face. i was curious.

"whats up with you?" i asked in a small attitude.

"its monday!" he exclaimed.

"and???" i asked for more.

"my best friend finally moved to korea! and she's transferring to SOPA today." he smiled wide.

ahh the best friend. apparently she's from the US, and she's pretty cool. haechan has been talking about her non stop, I'm surprised he's not in love with her or anything.

"yah! i thought i was your best friend!" i jokingly whined.

he laughed. "you are! she's my US best friend."

i rolled my eyes, i better be number one.

a few minutes later we arrived at SOPA. haechan and i thanked his dad and went inside to meet the other guys. renjun, chenle, jaemin, jisung and jeno were all together in a group near my locker. they were obviously waiting for us how cute. as we walked through the halls, all the girls were staring at us with googly eyes. some tried to be flirty, some looked desperate. a con about being one of the most popular guys in school: girls throwing themselves at you. but a pro: you get to fool around with them. I'm not saying I'm an fboy, but thats exactly what I'm saying.

"hey guys." i said as we approached them.

they all greeted us back, and we had time to chat since school hasn't started yet. we began chatting as two girls came near us - one girl being one of the most popular girls in school: lee euni - trying to get into her locker. we moved aside, but they were talking about something much more interesting, while the others were talking about crappy video games.

"hi oppa" one of the girls said trying to flirt. typical

i waved and they continued to put stuff in their locker. they began gossiping, then i began eavesdropping.

"apparently theres a new girl thats coming today." one of them said.

must be haechan's friend.

"i saw her walking around, she's pretty, like really pretty." one of them whined.

"better not steal my man!" euni snarled.

i could already know she's talking about me. I'm not being cocky, you can just tell.

"she's a nobody." her friend said,

"for now." euni angrily smirked.

they both left and i went back to paying attention to the boys' conversation.

"so when is your friend coming?" chenle asked.

"i don't know where she is, but the bell is ringing in 5 minutes, i don't have time to find her." haechan pouted.

"tell us about her." renjun said.

"her name is kim minhee, she's from the US, she's a REALLLLLLY good dancer, singer, and rapper. she can't beat me though." he went on.

i think he's over-hyping her up. she's a girl, she can't be that amazing.

"are y'all excited to meet her?" haechan asked.

"yes!!!" the boys said, but not me.

haechan furrowed his brows. "how come you're not excited?"

"i mean, I'm curious to meet her, but not excited, she's just a girl." i said trying to sound cool.

he punched my shoulder. "thats not what you're going to be saying when you meet her."

what the hell does that mean?

the bell finally rang and haechan and i had to walk through the sea of students frantically trying to get to class before its too late. haechan and i are in the same grade, while the others are one or two grades below us. my first period was english and haechan and i walked into the class room. i sat in the back with an empty seat next to mine. haechan sat in front of me with his desk partner reading a random book. the tardy bell rang, indicating that class was starting.

this class is pretty chill, she lets us talk for like 15 minutes at the beginning of class before we actually start to get to work. ms. chung called attention to the class and everyone averted their eyes on her.

"today we have a new student!" she exclaimed.

haechan was bouncing up and down, shaking his fists. we both knew who it was.

a girl came out from the corridor. "hi, I'm kim minhee, please take good care of me."

my eyes widened. she's really prett- well not even pretty, she's hot. she had long dark brown hair that almost looked black. it was straight and silky, i could tell it was natural. she didn't even have the iconic korean girl bangs, i think its the first girl I've seen that actually looks good without them. she was wearing black leggings, a black turtle neck, and simple white slip on vans. someone didn't get the memo. ms. chung handed her a pair of the SOPA uniform and she took it. that makes sense now.

"ms. kim, you'll be sitting next to mr. lee in the back."

crap.