|| 9. do you like her? ||

no ones P.O.V.

the cafeteria was slient. no one has been able to stand up to euni for years, but the new girl finally did. euni stood there emotionless. she was embarrassed for being called out but she was more embarrassed by the fact that those things were true. 

"I'm going to go check on her." mark stood up.

mark was furious. he watched euni bully innocent girls for too long, and now she's targeting minhee. he doesn't know what about minhee makes him so- i can't even describe. 

before the other boys could say anything, mark was already walking to the bathroom, following minhee's path. everyone's eyes were on him, but he didn't care. all he cared about was if minhee was okay or not. 

mark reached the girls bathroom and stepped inside, even though he's not allowed to. but to his luck, there wasnt any other people in there. 

"minhee?" he called out. 

"mark?" minhee came out of a stall.

"why are you in the girls bathroom?" she asked. 

mark actually didn't know, but he guesses he was worried. 

"i-i was just worried. euni is a bitch, don't let her get to you." mark said. 

minhee let out a laugh. "i know, there were tons of euni's in America. plus, I'm strong, you know that." 

mark did know that. after being in the same classes, talking, and having connections with haechan, he got to learn so much of her. 

"are you okay?" mark asked walking towards her. 

minhee put her hand on his shoulder. "yeah, I'm okay." 

she let go and took a big sigh. 

"are you sure?" mark asked trying to get a clearer answer. 

"yeah, I'm just really tired." she said putting her head down.

mark took her hand and walked out of the bathroom. he took her to the bench just across from the bathroom and sat her down. 

"lay on me, you're tired." he patted his shoulder. 

without hesitation, minhee took his words and did exactly what he said. her head fit perfectly into the crook of his neck, just like a puzzle piece. minhee turned her head so her blushing face was hidden into in his neck, making sure mark couldn't see her. 

on the other hand, mark's heart was beating rapidly. he could feel her breath brushing against his neck, which tickled. he put his arm around her and pulled her closer to his body, trying to make her feel comforted by a friend. 

*** 

"we should go check on her." haechan insisted. 

haechan got up and the boys followed him to the bathroom, making sure minhee wasnt sad or anything, which she wasnt. 

they continued walked until they spotted two familiar figures, cuddled up on a bench. haechan spread out his arms, indicating for everyone to freeze. 

"is that mark and minhee?" jaemin asked. 

"y-yeah." haechan looked with a confused expression. 

"do they like each other?" renjun asked. 

haechan shook his head in disbelief. if you're thinking that haechan likes minhee, you're wrong. he loves her, she's his best friend, his fake sister. yes, she flirts around and she's had relationships, but she's very fragile and she gets heartbroken too.