|| 14. player ||

minhee's P.O.V.

thank god its lunch, i really needed a break from my emotions right now. its been like 5 hours and mark hasn't asked me out yet. its been literally killing me all day today. he's been playing with me all day too. holding my hand in english, playing with my hair. staring at me and accidentally flirtingly touching me in dance class. making my heart beat fast, butterflies in stomach, and making my knees buckle. and yet, he hasnt asked me out on a date. 

right now I'm at my locker, doing the usual "packing for the next class". i was alone, until i could hear the loud sounds coming from the end of the hall. here come the boys! they approached me and circled around my locker. 

"ready?" haechan asked.

i nodded, "yeah, lets go." 

i finished and we all walked to the usual table at the end of the cafeteria. mark was by my side, purposely brushing his arms against mine just to tease me. we all sat on the benches and ate our lunches until our 40 minutes was up. 

*** 

mark's P.O.V.

 "i confessed." i told haechan while walking to our next class. 

he stopped walking and put his hand over his mouth. 

"really?! how did it go?!" 

at this point, he was jumping up and down in happiness. one day he threatens me if i hurt her, then the other he cheers for me. 

"i kinda kissed her." i said looking down. 

his expression changed. "woah woah, you kissed her?" 

i nodded. 

"does she like you too?" he asked. 

"well to think about it, she didn't say that she likes me too, but she DID kiss me back." 

"she likes you. i can tell." he said. 

"you think?" i sounded hopeful. 

"im positive." 

there was a little silence in the air. 

"how was the kiss?" haechan nudged me. 

"good kisser. gOOoDd kisser." i said. 

"my two best friends... getting together." he sighed, and i laughed. 

now haechan only knows. the rest of the boys don't. i don't think they even notice anything between minhee and i. 

"mark?" haechan turned around as we took our seats. 

"whats up?" 

"please don't, hurt minhee. she's my best friend and she's a different girl." 

i could tell his words were sincere. i just know if i screw this up, i can hurt the girl i like, and my best friend.

"i know haechan, i know." 

"thank you." he said, then he turned around. 

minhee walked in with herin, laughing uncontrollably. that laugh. that sound. it makes me so happy. they parted ways and she walked towards her seat, which was next to me. she tried to avoid eye contact, which was really cute of her, but eventually i caught her eyes. 

haechan turned around with a smirk on his face, and looked at the two of us. 

"what?" minhee asked. 

haechan didn't say anything, but she automatically knew the situation. 

"you told him?!" she playfully hit my shoulder. she was getting embarrassed and her face was turning red. 

i chuckled. "i can't hide it forever." 

i was going to ask her out after school, don't worry, i didn't forget. 

how could i forget?

***

it was after school and i was at my locker. minhee had to go meet herin, but i asked her to meet me after she was done. the halls were empty again, and i was just waiting by myself. 

"what are you doing here all alone hun?" 

i quickly turned around to see who it was. 

kim euni. 

"just waiting for someone." 

she moved in a little closer next to me and leaned against the lockers. 

"what do you want euni?" i asked. 

then she said one word, that made my nerves jump out of place. 

"you." 

***

minhee's P.O.V. 

"herin-ah! lets go! i promised mark id meet him." i whined. 

herin was taking forever

"oooh. what does mark want." she cooed. 

"i actually don't know." i said. 

she chuckled. "okay you can go, ill meet you there in a few minutes." 

i thanked her and gave her a hug. i checked how i looked on my phone camera while i walked. i want to look decent. i walked through the hallway, which seemed endless and i was just about to turn on the corner where i said i would meet him. 

my heart was over joyed, it felt like it was on top of a skyscraper. but as i turned the corner....

my heart felt like it jumped off. 

mark was with another girl, their lips were touching too. both pairs of eyes were closed, and they were 2 inches apart. he played me today, i don't know what i expected. 

if any other girl was in my place right now, they would start crying and running all the way to new york. but me? i wouldn't. I'm different than those girls. i didn't cry. no tears welled up. i wasnt sad, nor angry. i was just numb. 

i quietly opened my locker, quickly putting my stuff inside my bag. then i shut it closed. the sound of my locker caught the two's attention. i could see euni smirking, she always hated me for no reason. but on the other hand, i could see mark looking scared. guilty. and sorrow. 

"m-min-minhee. i-i-i-i" he stuttered. 

euni took a sigh and turned to mark. 

"bye mark, ill see you tmr." she winked. 

i put a small smile on my face, not in happiness, not a fake one. but one as if you were laughing at yourself for making a stupid decision. 

and in this case

mine was very stupid.