||3. meeting the boys ||

minhee's P.O.V.

my heart was beating, my legs were stiff. i haven't ran like that in months. after we finished the race, everyone just stared at me, their mouths were covered. even haechan looked at me so surprised.

"what?" i asked in confusion.

"5.08 seconds." the teacher told me the time.

what?! thats so slow!

"a new record."

wait what. woo hoo a new record! i smiled and secretly high fived myself, still with everyones eyes on me. then suddenly, all the girls came running over to me giving me hugs and screaming 4,000 different things at the same time.

"you beat haechan!"

"you're the fastest runner in school!"

"how did you do that?"

"teach me!"

i was so overwhelmed by everyone trying to hug me, by all the screaming, and the confusion of what haechan has to do with all this.

all of them let go and gave me smiles. haechan still looked like someone was murdered, i didn't want to touch him, because i would have been the one who got murdered. i walked up to mark to ask him about WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.

"why is everyone freaking out?" i asked.

he chuckled. "haechan was the fastest runner in school, and right now, you just beat him by 3 seconds."

oh my god that explains everything.

"ayeeeee" i said as i held out my fist in front of him.

he smiled, then he fist bumped me back.

***

PE ended and it was time for a break. i don't know what its called. nutrition? recess? anyway, haechan told me to meet him at his locker, i still haven't found mine yet, ill do it after school.

i walked through the halls trying to find his locker. then after about 2 minutes i spot haechan and like 10 other boys with him. i was hesitant to walk over there, theres A LOTTTT of boys. haechan spots me back and he calls out my name while waving his hands in the air.

"minhee! come here!" he yelled.

i smiled wide and approached the.... s-six other boys. they all stared at me with big eyes, and they didn't say anything as i was walking.

they're unbelievably cute. gorgeous skin, nice jawlines, the hair, the smiles, oh my god. i could feel my cheeks heating up, shit.

"this is jisung, jeno, jaemin, chenle, and renjun!" haechan said while pointing at each boy.

i didn't realize i was staring at them, they're so attractive, even the youngest one. haechan waved his hand in front of my eyes.

"s-sorry" i stuttered as my cheeks heated up.

i bowed and greeted. "my name is kim minhee, but please call me min-min."

haechan leaned into my ear. "whats up with you."

i giggled. "your friends. theyre hot."

"yah!" he said as he hit my shoulder.

"what!" i yelled back, pointing my hand at all of them.

the boys smiled in embarrassment at each other. i did the same.

"its okay, its cute." one of the boys said, renjun i think.

i winked at him, then haechan hit me again.

"stop flirting with my friends." he growled.

"i love ya!" i said with aegyo.

he couldn't stay mad at me forever, so he pulled me into a hug, ruffling my hair.

"i missed you." he whispered.

i smiled at him, them we turned back to the boys.

we started to chat and i got to learn more about them. i mean, I'm going to be spending high school with them after all.

turns out i have dance with mark, jisung, and jeno. i have rap with mark and singing with haechan and jaemin. i have history with renjun and math with chenle. then i have science with mark and haechan again. 

"min-min, why don't you change into your uniform?" jaemin asked.

i realized i was still in my leggings and turtle neck, my uniform is in my backpack and I'm too lazy to change.

"too lazy."

they all laughed.

"what do you have next?" mark asked.

"i think dance?" i rechecked my schedule to make sure.

"oh yeah, with me and jisung." he said.

"fun!" i exclaimed.

i checked the time. "oh shoot, i have to go, i have to get to class early to talk with the dance teacher."

"ill take you." mark insisted.

the members turned their heads, like in a court room drama. i smiled at the gesture.

"lead the way."

***

mark's P.O.V.

we both left the boys and i guided minhee to the dance room. we had small talk here and there as we walked to through the hallway. i examined minhee as she talked, the way she fiddled with her fingers and the way she looks away to avoid contact with my eyes. i could tell she was nervous, and to be honest, i was too.

we finally reached the dance room, with ms. kwon sitting on the stool. i knocked on the door and went inside. minhee didn't want to go in, she was scared. i grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside. minhee's sound of her foot steps caught ms. kwon's attention, and she smiled at the two of us.

minhee bowed and greeted herself.

"hello I'm the new student, kim minhee."

ms. kwon smiled. "i have heard a lot about you, I'm excited to work with you in this class."

hearing her say that made my ears perk up. a lot? like what?

"here is your dance clothes." ms kwon said as she handed her the shorts and shirt (that look similar to our pe clothes)

"you'll bring a lot to this class." ms. kwon winked.

" i hope so." minhee smiled.

"ask your boyfriend to help you, he's in this class." she said as she pointed to me.

my face became bright red and i could see a peachy tint coming onto minhee's cheeks.

"w-we aren't dating." she stuttered. my stomach dropped a little.

"thats too bad, you look really good together."

***

the bell rang and minhee and i went our separate ways to change. i met jisung and jeno inside the dance room where i previously was 10 minutes ago. we stood together, just talking, then the room went quiet. minhee entered the room, wearing the same (but different colored) uniform, the one that shows her body. what a pleasant sight.

i called her over here and she walked over.

"thank god you're here, I've been getting so many stares as soon as i entered the room."

jeno leaned to me. "well i mean, look at her." he was obviously seeing what i was seeing. i nodded in agreement.

ms. kwon entered the room and called attention to the class. she introduced minhee to the class, then again, the whispers started again. minhee walked back to us and stood still.

"loosen up, you'll do great." i whispered to her.

her face went pink and she smiled at me.

let dance class begin.