LevYaku

No one knew about us.

Of course no one knew about us, that was the whole point.

The chapel was decorated with the most beautiful white flowers.

Just how Lev wanted it.

Everybody was wearing colorful clothing, vibrant colors. Dark reds, royal blues, soft yellows.

Just how Lev wanted it.

Everybody was smiling and laughing, telling jokes, and just having a good time.

Just how Lev wanted it.

Karasuno was there. And so was Fukurodani, Oikawa and Iwaizumi even showed up.

Just how Lev wanted it.

Everybody had a single white rose. They either pinned it to their shirt or held one.

Just how Lev wanted it

Everybody held a white candle, which they were to light later.

Just how Lev wanted it.

But I, I wore black, I held no candle. I held a bouquet of blue and black roses. I didn't even dare look at the white flowers. I didn't even dare look at the white candles. I didn't even dare look up to talk to anyone. I didn't dare crack a joke. I didn't dare look up at the picture of Lev smiling at me. The picture that I took the day of graduation. The last picture I would take of Lev. Had I known it would be my last time seeing the Russian boy I would have been nicer. I would have told him everything.I would have told him how much I loved him and how much I was going to miss him. I would have told him my plans and my visit schedule. Had I known, I would have asked him to come with me. I would have done anything to prevent this from happening. To prevent my first and last visit back home to be to attend a funeral. A funeral for a boy I loved. A funeral for a boy who loved me back. A funeral for a boy I would never see again. For a boy I wanted to marry.

A boy no one knew was mine.

I stared at my black shoes, at my black socks, at my black roses. But I did look up. I looked up when Kuroo announced that the service would be starting shortly. I looked up when he smiled at the crowd, a fake smile. A smile I knew he wore when he lost something he cherished.

"I knew Lev, and I am proud to be able to say that here in front of you all. He was our future ace. He was sure to be captain when the time came. He was an excellent player, an outstanding spiker. An incredible team member, but most importantly, he was an irreplaceable friend. He was reckless, irresponsible, childish, over excited about everything, but that's what made him Lev. That's what made him the person we all grew to call family. That's what made him stand out. There was nothing Lev couldn't get pumped up about. He had high hopes and incredible dreams for our team. Hopes and dreams that I personally knew he could make a reality. I speak for the team he joined. The family he changed, the friends that will never forget him, the school that held him in its hallways and classrooms, the people he impacted in our building. The family that survived him and the family that will always have a little piece of him in their hearts. From now on, we win for Lev, or we don't win at all.", Kuroo held up a fist, tears slowly rolling down his face. He looked over at the casket and point at it, "For you."