All That You Can't Leave Behind ♡

Claudia went to the kitchen to get herself some chocolate, but as she walked past Lucas's room, he stood at the door waiting for her.

"Claudia. How long are we going to do this?" Lucas asked as he followed Claudia into the kitchen. Claudia didn't look at him as she opened the cupboard.

"Do what?" Claudia asked, trying to sound oblivious.

"Avoid each other." Lucas replied and Claudia closed the cupboard door and turned to face him.

"You tell me. You're the one upset." Claudia asked placing the chocolate on the counter before she folded over her arms.

"And you're the one who lied to me." Lucas replied, he was smart.

"I don't know what to say to you, Luke." Claudia confessed.

"Just explain to me why you were with Nathan. Huh? I mean, considering the past few weeks and what he's done..." Lucas rambled on before Claudia cut him off.

"I can't." Claudia admitted, she didn't want to tell Lucas she was doing it for him. She never wanted him to find out because she felt it would make him want to stop basketball.

"You know how I feel about him, Claudia." Lucas said as he started to leave the kitchen.

"Lucas, fine! Yes. I know how you feel about him. But there is something you don't know." Claudia shouted dramatically causing Lucas to turn around. "I promised him I'd tutor him if he left you alone." Claudia whispered slightly, Lucas raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" Lucas asked, he was shocked by what Claudia had just said, the tears were streaming down her face. 

"I'm doing it for you, Luke." Claudia said before she walked up to the backdoor. She slammed in behind her. She took out her phone and wrote a text message.

To Nathan:

I can't tutor you anymore. It's not you, it's me.

Claudia 

'It's not you, it's me? Really Claudia!' She mentally thought to herself as she deleted the message and continued to walk down the street. She ended up in Haley's bedroom.

"Why is he so annoyed with me?" Claudia groaned as she flopped down on Haley's bed. Haley was sitting at her desk laughing at her friend.

"Might be because you are tutoring his half brother and worst enemy?" Haley suggested sarcastically and Claudia groaned louder. Haley turned around to face her best friend. "Look Claude. He will forgive you." Haley said comfortingly. Claudia shook her head.

"I told him I did it for him and I don't know how he took it." Claudia replied fidgeting with the bracelet Nathan got her. Haley sat on the bed beside her and picked up Claudia's arm where the bracelet was.

"Tacky bracelet, who gave you it?" Haley asked and Claudia sat there silently. "You are wearing a bracelet Nathan got you!" Haley shouted and Claudia came up silently smiling at Haley. "Stop digging yourself a hole and speak to Lucas!" Haley shouted pointing to the door. Claudia gave her a pleading look and Haley shook her head. "You know I love you." Haley smiled as Claudia reached the door.

"Weird way of showing it." Claudia replied jokingly and Haley laughed along.

Claudia's shift was ending at Karen's Cafe. After the shift she had dreaded cheer practice. Lucas was sitting at the counter reading a newspaper. Claudia walked to the counter and stared at Lucas.

"I'm an idiot." Lucas stated and Claudia nodded her head as she poured coffee in his cup.

"I know." Claudia replied laughing a little.