The Leaving Song

"You are totally saving my life. Thank you. I've got to get a cable modem." Claudia smiled as she opened up Nathan's laptop.

"It's cool. I've got to run to practice, anyway. Then I'm going to pick up an extra shift at the mall, try to pay for this cable modem. And after that, I'm working out with Lucas." Nathan listed and Claudia grinned at him

"Well who are you and what have you done with my real boyfriend?" She asked poking his back.

"Well, you said you wanted me to cut the guy some slack." Nathan replied.

"You sure it's not also cause it's a way to stick it to Dan?" Claudia asked.

"No, that's not what it is." Nathan replied and Claudia raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Okay." Claudia replied smiling.

"I'm going to stick it to my dad by erasing him from the record book's, alright?" Nathan responded and Claudia grinned at him.

"Good." Claudia replied.

"I've got to go." Nathan said before he kissed her forward. "I'll see you." He stated before he left the room. Claudia opened up the laptop.

"English class here I come." Claudia whispered as she began to do her paper. "Until the latter part of his life, Darwin was a naturalist and the author of the book "The Origin of Species" which was published in..." Claudia said to herself as she typed her essay. She went on the interney and types in Origin, but it comes up with a porn site. She clicked on favourites and saw more porn sites listed, Claudia was annoyed.

___

Claudia still had the website up as Nathan and Lucas walked into the apartment.

"Hey, Claude." Nathan smiled as he walked into the apartment, Claudia glared at him angrily. "Check it out, an entire afternoon together and no one threw a punch." Nathan joked and Claudia was still glaring.

"You okay?" Lucas asked and Claudia looked over at Lucas.

"Can I talk to Nathan alone please?" Claudia asked and Lucas looked at Nathan sympathetically, he knew when his best friend was upset.

"Yeah sure. Catch you guys later." Lucas said before he left. Nathan walked up to Claudia concerned. 

"What's up." Nathan asked.

"I was just doing some research on the internet and I found what my boyfriend's been studying." Claudia stated as she turned the computer to face Nathan. 

"This is, I just stumbled upon this, so, it's no big deal." Nathan lied as he closed the laptop. 

"What about the half a dozen other sites that you stumbled upon and book marked? It's hard enough for me that I have to compete with the girls at school that just give it away, now I've got to be a porn star?" Claudia explained upset.

"Claudia, look, you're over reacting." Nathan said and that made Claudia more annoyed.

"No, I really don't think that I am. This hurts me, Nathan." Claudia replied.

"Why? Claudia these girls aren't real. And plus, I'm a guy. Guys look at this stuff." Nathan tried to justify his reasons.

"Well don't be a guy, Nathan, be a man. You know, I'm not a prude, and I think you know that. But the thought that this is what I'm going to be compared to?" Claudia asked standing up.

"So that's what this is? You're worried I'm going to compare you to them when we-" Nathan began to say before Claudia cut him off.

"Yes! I'm afraid that's part of it. Nathan it's hard enough for me to even think about being naked in front of you. And the thought that this is the standard I'm going to be held to? Forget it." Claudia shouted as she walked to the door.