Hanging by a Moment, I Shall Believe

Claudia was standing, looking at the hoop waiting to take a free throw. 

"Tutor Girl, Tutor Girl Don't Screw Up!" The crowd cheered and chanted.

"Okay folks, this is it. Claudia Stone steps to the line with a flawless 4.0 GPA hanging in the balance. She's going to need this free throw to pass Phys-Ed. Otherwise, her perfect grade point average is history." Mouth commentated and Claudia looked at the hoop scared.

"Come on, Claude. You can do it." Nathan encouraged but Claudia continued to look at the hoop.

"Don't miss it, tutor girl." Whitey warned. Claudia shot the ball and it landed a few feet in front of her. Everyone laughed. Claudia suddenly woke up and looked confused.

___

"What's up, loser?" Haley smiled as she walked into Lucas's room through the back door.

"Hey, you. I'm just finishing up this email to my mom cause she comes back tomorrow." Lucas replied. Haley was away tell Lucas that she liked him, liked him a lot. But she didn't want it to come across creepy.

"Oh cool. Tell her I said 'Hi'. You're going to call me when she gets back from the airport, right?" Haley asked sitting down on Lucas's bed looking at Lucas from the desk.

"Oh yeah." Lucas smiled and Claudia walked in, regretting it almost straight after. She gave Haley a sympathetic look.

"So, I need to borrow a couple of things from you, like your basketball and you." Claudia said looking at Lucas.

"Okay, why?" Lucas asked confused as hell. Haley looked up at her confused as well.

"Because I'm totally flagging PE and I need you to show me how to throw a stinking free shot." Claudia groaned leaning against the door pane. 

"Free throw." Lucas laughed and Claudia rolled her eyes.

"Whatever" Claudia laughed as she caught the ball that Lucas threw at her.

"You know I'd love to, Claudia, but I've got to do some stuff with Brooke and Peyton tonight." Lucas explained and Haley's head snapped towards Lucas's direction.

"Like what?" Haley asked, jealously seeping out of her mouth. Luckily, Lucas didn't catch on.

"I kind of need to talk to you both about something." Lucas said and both Haley and Claudia looked at each other worryingly.

"What's going on?" Haley asked as Brooke walked into Lucas's room. (Brooke walks in) 

"Hey, tutor girl, best friend." Brooke smiled at Claudia and Haley. Claudia just smiled back as she clutched onto the ball.

"Tigger, what's up?" Haley asked trying to be pleasant.

"Never mind. Rain check?" Lucas asked his two friends who nodded their heads.

"You kids have fun." Haley joked as she began to walk to the back door.

"Pray for me while I learn how to play basketball." Claudia laughed as she shut the door behind her.

___

Nathan walked out of his car to see Claudia throw a free shot. She missed the basket and Nathan caught it.