You Gotta Go There to Come Back

"So if Lucas or Keith comes in, I'm gonna act like I have amnesia, so don't freak out if I pretend not to know you." Claudia laughed as she hugged closer into Nathan.

"Look, I think I should get back to the madness." Nathan smiled and Claudia moaned disapprovingly. "But hey, if I could, I'd stay like this all day." Nathan reassured and Claudia kissed Nathan.

"Ok." Claudia said as Nathan sat up. "Nathan, about last night..."

"Hey, look its not about sex with me ok? When you're ready, I'll be too." Nathan said and Claudia smiled at him.

"Come here." Claudia smirked as she sat up. She placed a hand on one of Nathan's cheeks and then kissed him. Before she lay down and watched him leave.  

___

Claudia and Lucas were lying on Lucas's bed together speaking about Peyton and Lucas becoming a couple. Claudia was wearing one of Nathan's tops tucked into her bell bottom jeans.

"It's not that hard, alright? Peyton and I just don't make sense as a couple. She said so herself." Lucas stated and Claudia argued.

"And then took it back." She defended Peyton, which I think everyone was surprised with. But Claudia and Haley found Peyton different to all the different girls and they liked that in her. However, no one could come between Claudia and Haley they were the dynamic duo. 

"Now what are you? Her lawyer?" Lucas joked and Haley walked into the bedroom from Lucas's back door. She heard the whole conversation from outside. Haley has always like to make an entrance.

"I'm just...look I've seen Peyton really try to make an effort to turn things around and it just sucks that she got bit the first time she reached out to somebody, you know?" Haley stated before she sat next to laid down in between Claudia and Haley.

"Haley, I'm not the bad guy here, ok? Peyton's just too...hard." Lucas said trying to come out with the right word. Claudia and Haley both scoffed.

"Unlike Brooke who I understand is nice and easy." Claudia remarked and Lucas sat up looking over at her.

"Excuse me. She makes me laugh. She's honest, she's not afraid to be herself. Ok? Plus she's not covered head to toe in issues. What's so bad about that?" Lucas asked and both girls just shook their head. 

"Nothing! Nothing. If you're happy, I'm happy." Haley said and Lucas looked at her.

"Are you? Happy." Lucas asked Haley who nodded her head.

"Yeah" Haley replied unconvincingly. 

"Haley, girl talk?" Claudia asked and Haley nodded her head they both got up from the bed.

"Why can I not be in this talk?" Lucas asked sitting up.

"Do you have boobs?" Claudia asked and Lucas began to stutter. "That is why." She stated smiling. Claudia grabbed onto Haley's hand and they walked into Claudia's bedroom. Claudia closed the door.

"Alright. Do you like Lucas?" Claudia asked Haley who stayed quiet. "Oh my god!" Claudia squealed before joining Haley on the bed. "Why are you helping Peyton?" Claudia asked confused and Haley just groaned. 

"I don't know." Haley shrugged before groaning. "I like him Claud? I like Lucas." Haley stated looking at Claudia who was smiling at her.

"That is great!" Claudia smiled hugging her but Haley shook her head. 

"Lucas will never see me as dating material. He will only see me as 'Haley his best friend'." Haley huffed and Claudia shook her head. 

"You just need him to see you like that." Claudia said cryptically before coming up with a plan in her head.