The Living Years

"Did you finish 'The Little Prince'?" Claudia asked as she was tutoring Nathan. Nathan looked up at her.

"No, I just rented the movie. This book is stupid." Nathan replied and Claudia just chuckled. 

"Nathan, you're not going to pass French if you keep renting movies." Claudia laughed and Nathan looked dead serious.

"Well, its not like I have a lot of time to just sit around and read." Nathan replied and Claudia leaned in closer to him.

"I have an idea." Claudia smirked and Nathan looked at her surprised. "Okay so Lucas and Brooke did this thing where she read a book and then Lucas did something for her." Claudia explained and Nathan smirked. "You read 'The Little Prince' and I do something for you." Claudia continued and Nathan nodded his head.

"Deal." Nathan smirked before he continued to studied.

"So, are you ever going to tell me how it went?" Claudia asked and Nathan looked at her.

"The therapist asked me if I really want to play basketball or not." Nathan answered and Claudia looked shocked.

"Wow, what did you say?" Claudia whispered slightly looking at her boyfriend longingly.

"I didn't know what to say. Nobody's ever asked me that question." Nathan admitted and Claudia looked at him.

"Wow, that's really big." Claudia whispered to herself.

"This last couple of weeks without it, I mean if I didn't play I might actually have a life." Nathan admitted and Claudia nodded her hand.

"What would you do?" She asked lying her legs across Nathan's as they sat at the desk.

"I don't know. At least I'd have some time to figure it out though." Nathan replied. "Besides, I'm sure we could find a lot better things to do with our time right." Nathan smirked as he leaned forward.

"You think?" Claudia asked before they kissed. Claudia broke away. "I think you're really brave. To consider rebuilding who you are. I don't know if I could do that." Claudia admitted.

" You could." Nathan began to say and Claudia laughed slightly. "Well, I gotta go." He said and Claudia looked at the time on the watch that Nathan had on his wrist.

"Oh yeah. Hey, um, practice starts back up again today right?" Claudia asked knowing that it did.

"Yeah, I'm just not sure if I do." Nathan replied packing up his things.

"Well read the book then." Claudia joked and Nathan nodded his head.

"I'll see ya." Nathan smiled before he walked off leaving Claudia in the tutor centre.

___

Claudia wearing a feminist top and a tartan printed skirt walked up to Peyton smiling.

"Hey spirit girl. That cheerleading thing always throws me off." Claudia said and Peyton raised an eyebrow. "Just the more I get to know you the harder it is to wrap my head around it." Claudia laughed.

"My mom used to cheer and Brooke and I have been cheering together forever so it's just kind of our thing." Peyton replied and Claudia smiled at her.

"Oh cool." Claudia smiled as the girls walked together.

"What's up?" Peyton asked and Claudia looked at her smiling lightly.