That one more day

Ashton's pov.

I always say one more day.

"One more day" I said in September when I was about to jump.

"One more day" I whispered as I was about to pull the trigger.

"ONE. MORE. DAY ASHTON" I would scream before finishing the knot around my neck and kicking the chair from under me.

"Today is that day" I said, just one night ago.

But I couldn't now. I stood at the top of the building.

My phone rang as I was about to fling myself off that dreadful roof.

"Luke?" I answered

"Ashton." He breathed heavily

"What is it?!"

"Help! Help me!"

"Luke! Luke?! where are you baby?! Luke answer me! Luke... Luke!!!"

"I'm on 5th avenue Main Street" Luke whispered fast. "Help"

I practically tumbled into my car and drove to 5th avenue Main Street and screeched down to road.

"Luke! Where are you?" I yelped sprinting down the street.

A note.

On one of the lamp post things.

'Down here ↣' it read

'Turn ↢'

'Lil' bit further'

'Stop ☻'

Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and told me he loved me.

"Damnit Luke you scared the shit outta me!" Luke shrugged and kissed my lips passionately and softly. He cupped my face and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you" he said stopping quickly and then replacing his lips back to mine.

I pulled away and he told me to follow him. I grabbed his hand and he brought me to this little picnic thing he set up. Aw. He had candles, sandwiches, snacky things like cookies and cupcakes and a large iPad with Netflix set up on the screen. It was in the middle of this flower patch and in the shining moon light.

"Sit!" He patted a spot next to him and handed me a cupcake and sandwich and played our movie.

The goddamn Lego Movie.

We sat and giggled and then suddenly Luke became serious.

"I know you don't wanna talk about this now but, Ash, why did you cut?"

I sighed.

"When I came out, people wanted me to die. They told me being gay was wrong and that I should just you know commit suicide. I've tried 4 times but always someone comes home as I'm about to do it. Luke, when you came over when I was in the middle of slicing my arm, you saved me. I was about to drown, but you pulled me to the surface."

I had so much more to say, but I decided to tell him later.

"Everything is okay now Ash. You have me. But I'll only save you for a little bit, and I love you. You're the one who pulled me to the surface. You are the one that saved me from drowning. Sometimes, we all just feel so done. And we just feel torn in two."

"Luke I--"

Luke pulled me into a hug and told me repeatedly how proud he was of me and how much he loved me.

"Don't ever do it again" Luke whispered into my messy mop of hair.

"What?"

"Don't you ever hurt yourself again."