one → be fucking grateful we didnt get economy

jan 19 2018 chapter one

Mackenzie

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you ever experienced leaving everyone you loved behind, without even wanting to? It's never my decision, it's always either Maddie or Tyler, my older siblings. Most times it's my mom, Melissa.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I was growing up almost perfectly back in Pittsburgh, with my best friends Brynn and Maisy, popularity, straight A's, and the wonderful feeling of being crushed on – by your own crush! Brandon was supposed to ask me out, but he planned it on the day I had to leave, which was yesterday.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Business class seats are so uncomfortable!" My sister exclaimed, breaking me from my trail of thoughts. I rolled my eyes. Because we fucking used up most of our money for our new house in Toronto, dumbass. Be fucking grateful we didn't get economy. She's the type of person who is very picky, annoying, but lovable. She's also the type 'hurt-the-people-i-love-and-i-will-fucking-break-you'.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Why couldn't we get first class, like always?" She added. You didn't believe me? I told you she was picky.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Just before I was sure I'd get back into my thoughts, my brother quietly shouted the lyrics of "You'll be Back" from the musical Hamilton by Lin Manuel-Miranda from into my ear. "I will kill your friends and family, to remind you of my love!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I'm pretty sure he wanted me to jam along with him, since I'm to only one in the family who likes the musical besides him and memorizes every song, but I'm not really in the mood.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Shut up, please." I said, as kindly as I wanted it to be. He scowled and secretly gave me the middle finger and finally sat properly. You see, he's the type of person who acts mature and childish at the same time, it's confusing. He's the smartest out of everyone in the family, with A+'s on every test, worksheet, exam, homework, you name it. He reads college books for fun, extremely nerdy, I know. But he's actually the football captain, goes to the gyn everyday after school, starts school trends, and he's popular as fuck. Well, he was popular. We'll have to see if he's still be well known in our new school.

Finally. No more distractions. I can be back to being lost in my thoughts. No more annoying peop-

"Mackenzie! We're landing!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Pardon. There's still mom. She's this old woman who's still into the new trends and still jam packs her face with layers of makeup. She's actually the reason we're moving, she's started dating this new man and he's invited her to come live in near him in Canada, and of course she accepted.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And before anyone else interrupts me, I'm Mackenzie. I'm, well, myself. 15 years old, quirky, and back to square one. I need to have an almost perfect life again, perhaps a perfect life. It took so long to get all the way up to the top in my old school, so I can't imagine how it'll be like here, in Toronto.

I guess it's time for Project Perfect.

words: 515
words with a/n: 535
hoped you enjoyed, ahah!
it was fun writing!

love you all!
-clare xoxo