eight → i'd love to

Kenzie pulled out a small notebook labeled Project Perfect from her bedroom drawer, and took a black pen from her pencil case. She sat in front of her white vanity, taking down all the rules she had so far.

"Jayden and Lauren." She muttered, as she wrote down. "They're popular."

"Connor, Carson, Brynn." She added. "They're in my science class, and they're popular too."

"Johnny, Nadia, Annie, Hayley." She wrote down more names of the people making her well known.

Mackenzie knew that she was doing the right things; in the span of a few weeks she's already popular. Especially since she moved in the middle of the school year.

She made sure she wore the correct clothing, hung out with the right people, etc.

Project Perfect #4: Be sporty — you know damn well boys want sporty. Both girls and boys.

"Especially Johnny", Kenzie thought. She's watched him play basketball a bunch of times already, and she's no expert, but he does seem to really know what he's doing.

Mackenzie went back into reality when her phone started ringing. "Who is it now?" She asked herself, rolling her eyes.

Jayyy 💖 is calling you.

She quickly accepted the facetime call, smiling.

"Hey Jayden." Kenzie said, smiling. As a response, the girl in the other side of the screen started screaming. "You wouldn't believe what just happened Kenz!"

"What?" She asked, anticipating the answer.

"Connor told Lauren he liked me!" She said, happily.
I smiled and squealed along with her. "Good for you." I said, genuinely smiling.

"Enough about me. How are you?"

"Good. I want to start working out." Kenzie replied, knowing Jayden was the leader of the dance team and she wanted to join.

"Really? I'm a dancer, it helps me a lot. I barely work out just because I do dance." Jayden said.

"I dance too! I used to dance everyday back in Pittsburgh." Kenzie replied, knowing what she's getting herself into.

"Well, you wanna join? I'm sure you're very good, plus you're my friend." Jayden offered, causing Kenzie to smile.

"Yeah sure. Thanks." Kenzie smiled. Turns out this project wasn't hard anyways.

"Hey Kenzie." Johnny greeted her smiling. The past weeks he's been nothing but a gentleman to her; which Mackenzie found sweet. She knew Johnny was good for her reputation, but she knew damn well she genuinely liked him too.

"Hey." She replied, smiling back.

"I was thinking..." The green eyed boy trailed off, getting lost in his thoughts. The brunette on the other hand, raised her eyebrow, er, eyebrows. ( She hasn't mastered the raising-only-one-brow trick... yet. )

"Maybe we can go out soon? You don't have to say yes, I know you don't like me but I just thought that I should ask you out cause I wanted to and you're cute and I–"

"Okay, okay, okay, I get it." Mackenzie said, cutting him off.

"And yes, I would love to." She ended the conversation as the bell rang, kissing Johnny's bright red cheeks that he likes to call rosacea, and leaving him speechless.

words; 510
words w a/n; 525

sleepy 😴
love y'all
a lot <3

-clare xoxo