four → excuse me

Mackenzie

I scan my eyes around the cafeteria, looking for Annie. As I look to my right, I see the brunette waving over to me, signaling me to come over.

Before I start walking I make a mental note to stay a good distance away from people, because I've done enough falling for the day. Correction, bumping then falling.

"Hey Annie!" I say, huffing because of the energy I took up to run to her lunch table. She responded with a quick smile and took my wrist, leading me closer to her, I'm assuming, friends.

"This is my sister, Hayley. She's a grade below us, but I swear she's more mature than most people in this school." Annie introduced, as her little sister shook my hand. I smiled at her, as I took in her appearance. Her sister is drop dead gorgeous; with her hair in mini curls and a clear face, any boy in her grade – or in this school – would be drooling. She's just like Annie, I thought.

"Jayden's supposed to be here any minute, just wait." Annie said excitedly. She really wanted me to meet her friend.

Annie scans the cafeteria, looking for this girl she calls her best friend. With worried eyes and slanted eyebrows, I could tell her really cared for Jayden.

Her eyes stopped at one specific person, and her eyes lit up. "Jayden! Finally – I've been waiting! This is–"

"You really think I wanna talk to you right now?" Jayden snapped, capturing half of the people in the cafeteria's attention. Hayley's eyes widened, as if she's never seen Jayden at this state. I don't think anyone has.

"What?" Annie replied. I could tell by her eyes that she was very confused, and I knew Jayden could tell too.

"Hayden. You kissed him. Not only once, multiple times! Do you know how it feels to have your best friend and your boyfriend go behind your back? It hurts Annie, it hurts!" Jayden said in a shaky, quiet voice, with tears streaming down her face. Annie's face of confusion was replaced by guilt and sadness.

"Jayden, I'm so sorry!" The brunette pleaded.

"Sorry doesn't make the cut, Annie. You've hurt me too much times. I'm sorry but I'm ending our friendship here. Don't come running back to me when your new friend over here drops you too. Goodbye." Jayden said, full on crying. Oh how much sympathy I had for her. If only I could run to her, give her a hug and have a girls night. Actually, I can.

"Excuse me." I said, getting up from the wooden bench and picking up my books. Annie's eyes plead for me to stay; but I decline her offer with a simple shake of my head. I could tell Hayley was disappointed at her sister, and was quietly giving her a lecture on not going behind her best friend's – er, ex best friend's back.

"Jayden!" I shouted, running over to her and her tear stained face.

She was currently outside, on the bleachers of the school football field. Jayden looked up at me, with bloodshot red eyes and a puffy face. She sniffed, giving me a small smile.

"Look, I've dealt with this before. I had this friend called Maisie Vargas and she had a secret affair with one of my old boyfriends Casey. Yes, it hurts. But you know what could fix it?" I asked.

"What?" She asked, in a quiet, raspy voice.

"A girl's night does."

words: 580
words with a/n: 605

sorry for this trashy chapter, i'm not surprised though. anyways, i gtg, see u!

love u!!

-clare xoxo